Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Praying for Coyotes Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne


DAILY DEVOTIONS FOR DAILY DIETERS
December 22
 

First the freshly grown lush grasses of the new homes 
brought the deer.  The former town & city dwellers were delighted  to have a few peaceful creatures!
Then Peaceful Creatures multiplied.
Not so great, but the former town and city dwellers were glad enough for
this reminder that sidewalks and honking vehicles and crowded yards were now history for them.

Then the Peaceful Creatures population exploded with cute babies growing up to eat all the garden and flower foods they wanted in the subdivisions....
Intelligence growing in the herds as the stupid ones died from denting cars was a theory that didn't happen >>  The deer just kept jumping in front of cars and causing major damage --  pain and some deaths,   along with financial burdens.    Deer aren't so cute anymore.

Image result for photo coyotes subdivisionSolution?  Some locations decided to allow the 
wild coyote herds to develop
to kill off the deer
to save gardens & flowers & car collisions.

The result was predictable.  
Lock up Fluffy and Spot at night!
ok --  what's  this  gotta  do  with  dieting?

Well, at first I   -- we --   overate just somewhat.
Our younger bodies could manage some unhealthy eating habits since
we were active, after all.
Then metabolism issues kicked in and-or pain and-or lack of time to exercise.
The fun little habits,  like nibbling deer,  
just seem to multiply until we feel out of control.

After years of this, I found myself praying to God: 
         I am  SO  tired of caring about what I eat.  
         I am so bored with this temptation and  praying about it over and over.  
        Can't Satan just bug off on this one & give me 
                something  different   to be tempted about?
(YUP.
I  REALLY  PRAYED  THAT  STUPID  PRAYER. )


Praying for coyotes.  What a dumb few months of prayer that was.
Maybe -- hopefully -- you've never been that foolish.  But just in case, I figured I'd share my experience and comment:
            Thankfully, God never answered that prayer.

Interestingly,  a couple of people mistakenly *thought* I'd given in to Coyote Level Sins.
            Educated-ly, a lesson from LORD God, 
                     I realized how dangerous my prayer had been:
Weariness:  It  leads to such thought-less praying  &
is USED by SATAN to get us to use our minds in ways 
God would not like -- including
praying for a different temptation -- for Coyotes.

GOD INVITES US to instead
use Ephesians 6:10 to end  prayers for PROTECTION from the nibbling deer sins.
Pray First Corinthians 10:13  DELIVERANCE  from the nibbling deer sins.

Stay alert.  Let God use experiences from foolish people like myself
to fore-warn & encourage you to take up the LORD's weapons of protection:
NEVER PRAY FOR COYOTES.  
  Instead: Pray for the SHEPHERD to beat off
the coyote-serious-level sins  as well as the    
   cute-nibbling-deer sins   that tempt you.


PRAYER
Ephesians 6:10 to end, I pray O LORD.
I choose to put on the armor You give -- but don't shove onto me.  Help me stand firm.
First Corinthians 10:13,  I pray to You O LORD:  Deliver me from temptations.
Luke 11:4 and Matthew 6:13  Jesus's prayer words, I pray O LORD:
Deliver me from ALL temptations and evil.  
I choose to obey you.  I need Your help.
=========================================================

Photo credits:  Deer:   News-Leader com via Gannett-cdn.   CoyoteWCPO com
©2015, 2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved. 
But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment