Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Monday Diet Encouragement - by DianaDee Osborne

DAILY DEVOTIONS FOR DAILY DIETERS

December 28       (2015) 

Bummer,

it's a Monday.
The Monday after a MONTH of fun days... Thanksgiving Day!
Leftovers Days!
Image result for photo christmas foodCHRISTmas fudge & cookies & Friends with Food Gifts!...
Christmas shopping food courts....
Christmas parties with friends.....

Christmas gift to myself of ignoring Calorie Counts & scales.....
Lord, I need Your help................




It's time to focus on taking care of the body God gifted to me. 

ENCOURAGEMENT
Romans 8: 24 God ALREADY gave us hope....
Romans 8: 25   If we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait
     PATIENTLY AND CONFIDENTLY   (in God!). 
Romans 8: 32.  God Gave all for me.  He LOVES me.  2 Peter 3:9 -- God loves us ALL.
Romans 8: 33.  Yes, I've been self-centered including about eating. But
Romans 8: 35, that doesn't stop God from living me.

Romans 8: 37.                          I am 
    MORE THAN A CONQUEROR 
       through Jesus who loves me.
That's because, when I ask, God will help me.

PRAYER -- SPEAK TO GOD ALOUD....
LORD God -- I do ask.
With joy worshiping You for all You've done and all You ARE,
I thank You so much for loving me even though I've been selfish.

And I pray Romans 8:26 -- Holy Spirit, please help me pray.  
I  TRUST  God's Word 
that His Own Spirit shall help me.
I choose You,  The One Trinity LORD God,  
over my selfish desires.  Including for more food than  I should be eating. 

Please forgive me for past sins,
and please show me how I can not only draw closer to You like James 4:8 says,
but also show other people how much JOY they will find
in a daily relationship, a daily devotion to YOU through even daily dieting.
HINTS:
GOD  DOESN'T  CARE  WHAT  THE  SCALE  SAYS.
Really.  All God yearns for is for US to SAY:
God, You are LORD of me.
I go forward in this moment, thinking my thoughts to YOU  instead of to me.

JOYS  from  GOD through OTHERS:
From Brother Lawrence's THE PRACTICE OF THE PRESENCE OF GOD  
(written in the late 1600s;  Public Domain:)

“A little lifting up of the heart suffices; a little remembrance of God, 
an interior act of adoration, even though made on the march and with sword in hand, 
are prayers which, short though they may be, 
are nevertheless very pleasing to God, 
and far from making a soldier lose his courage on the most dangerous occasions, bolster it.
Let him then think of God as much as possible so that 
he will gradually become accustomed to this little but holy exercise..." 
====================================================

Christmas Tree Cupcakes Photo credit:   Delsfoods com
©2015,  2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  
But feel free to print and share for nonprofit usage!


No comments:

Post a Comment