Monday, January 5, 2015

Bummer Monday Diet Prayer - by DianaDee Osborne


JANUARY 5
Bummer. These days, every day feels like a Monday:
And it's even worse to feel like a Monday 
after a week or 2 of fun days during the holidays.
Bummer.   I promised myself to start dieting again 
after I had some fun eating whatever I wanted
"for a little while.  I even promised God.
There is...    or should always come  ... a
time to focus on taking care of the body God gifted.
We get only one. And it has the purpose of
sharing God's News with others, to save them from
the horrors of the HELL that Jesus repeatedly described
as REAL.                         Click Here for Scripture Samples

 In Isaiah 41, God encouraged His people,
and encouraged THEM to encourage OTHERS.
So... as we diet or otherwise seek to reflect God,
with His help (2nd Corinthians 3:18), let us pray & rejoice!:
================================================================
Flow of ENCOURAGEMENT
Romans 8: 24 God ALREADY gave us hope....
Romans 8: 25   If we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait
     PATIENTLY AND CONFIDENTLY   (in God!). 
Romans 8: 32.  God Gave all for me.  He LOVES me.  2 Peter 3:9 -- God loves us ALL.
Romans 8: 33.  Yes, I've been self-centered including about eating. But
Romans 8: 35, that doesn't stop God from living me.
Romans 8: 37I am MORE THAN A CONQUEROR 
through Jesus who loves me.
That's because, when I ask, God will help me.
================================================================

PRAYER -- SPEAK TO GOD ALOUD....
LORD God -- I do ask.
With joy worshiping You for all You've done and all You ARE,
I thank You so much for loving me even though I've been selfish.
And I pray Romans 8:26 -- 
Holy Spirit, please help me pray.  
I  TRUST  God's Word that 
His Own Spirit shall help me.
I choose You, The One Trinity LORD God,  over my selfish desires.  
Including for more food than I should be eating. 
Please forgive me for past sins,
and please show me how I can not only draw closer to You like James 4:8 says,
but also show other people how much JOY they will find
in a daily relationship, a daily devotion to YOU through even daily dieting.

HINTS
GOD  DOESN'T  CARE  WHAT  THE  SCALE  SAYS.
Really.  All God yearns for is for US to SAY:
God, You are LORD of me.
I go forward in this moment,thinking my thoughts to YOU instead of to me.

JOYS  from  GOD through OTHERS:
From Brother Lawrence's THE PRACTICE OF THE PRESENCE OF GOD (written in the late 1600s;  Public Domain:)

“A little lifting up of the heart suffices; a little remembrance of God, an interior act of adoration, even though made on the march and with sword in hand, are prayers which, short though they may be, are nevertheless very pleasing to God, and far from making a soldier lose his courage on the most dangerous occasions, bolster it.  Let him then think of God as much as possible so that he will gradually become accustomed to this little but holy exercise..." 
==========================================================
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 26 Nov 2012. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment