Thursday, January 1, 2015

Admitting Angering Encouragement ...... by DianaDee Osborne

January 1
A famous, small, thin Christian magazine contains article after article describing miracles that God has done for people....
         +  saving them from car accidents,
         +  providing money for bills at the last minute,
         +  giving guidance that is unmistakeably God's Word.
         +  Sending a barking dog to get help when someone is dying -      
                       (and no, not the famous collie).
I reached a point where I was actually angry when the magazine showed up in my mailbox. I gave away the copies unopened. I asked the gift-givers to please stop sending me that subscription.

And yes... I do question my anger.
AND NO.... it hasn't been an anger at God,
despite all the times He didn't "come through" with an answer
the way I in my little mind thought He should've & knew He could've.

  I think my anger has been because I've seen so many Christians 
              act like Job's  friends ---
VERY lovingly,  wanting to encourage.   Unlike Job's friends, many of these... perhaps  even most of those you or I know... are not being arrogant or Religious  
         +  when they say "Smile, God Loves You."  
         +  When they declare "God Will Work It Out."  
         +  When they warn, "Trust God, He Knows what He's Doing."

WHEN I READ THAT MAGAZINE,
     I THINK OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHOSE STORES ARE   NOT   in there.
     I THINK OF ALL THE PEOPLE who may not yet *know* God  loves them and will work it 
        out   and even cares --- much less will  do something to help them.
   I THINK OF THE DESPERATION of people struggling....
including against temptations... not yet a "success".

      Why did I decide to write a diet blog?
      I think it's because I  *have*  failed so many times.
I think God's guiding me to encourage people 
      who *don't* yet
have a success story to share....
Though I do.  At one time not that long ago, I had a success story 8 years long, including 3 years at 128 pounds. But then a combination of physical events and pain events changed my story....    
But with God's help, I shall resume at least
reflecting Jesus in my lifestyle, even when physical things won't show that on the scale or via my clothing size.
And I've prayed that God will help me encourage OTHERS also.....
NOT   with my former success story such as that magazine would considered publishing,
but with my Romans 7 style  FAILURE STORY.... 
FFN.... FAILURE FOR NOW,    
but not permanent,  
as long as we keep turning to God sincerely seeking His help.

Because, as a pastor once inspired 200+ people to laugh at his accidental joke:
ROMANS 7  is always followed by
 ROMANS 8  when we turn to THE God of the Bible,  and of Us.

SCRIPTURE LINKS:       Romans 7            Romans 8           Ephesians 6:10-18   ARMOR OF GOD 
 
GOD'S  ENCOURAGEMENT
Romans 8:20 and 21:  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;  because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
  
PRAYER
FATHER God,  I do indeed seek Your help.  
You know I get discouraged when -- like Peter -- 
I look down at the waves and I look into myself 
to see my weakness  
and do not keep my eyes on 
Jesus in the storms, on the dangerous waters.  
Please help me stay aware.  Ephesians 6: 10 to end.  
Please help me keep praying.  Ephesians 6:10 to end.  
Please help me do more than just say words to You, 
but to also ACT on Your promised Word.... 
to put on Your Armor each minute as I  fight temptations... 
In the Name of Jesus Our Lord, Your Son, I pray.
I pray  BOLDLY,  as YOU invited me:  Hebrews 4:16,
"So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, 
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.
This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, 
or he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.  
 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. 
There we will receive  his mercy, 
and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."


==========================================================
©2014, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 10 Feb 2014. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com