Thursday, March 12, 2015

Weeping For Sins that Hurt God - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 12
I witnessed something unusual in March 2013. It was memorable.
In church.
By the leader.
Who was talking about how people sin against our loving God.
Who we'd been listening to -- but perhaps not super intently --
            Until he started weeping.

It wasn't a show.
He was himself surprised, a bit sheepish to "let down his guard."
At first.
And then he said what we all should be feeling: 
 Why DON'T  we  all  weep  at all the sins in this 
 world that hurt Our LORD God's heart?        
    At our own sins.  Even when we  ___<fill in blank>   

For some of us, that BLANK
may seem "normal": Overeating, overspending, 
over-immersed in Facebook & Internet & etc,
over-joyed by gossip about people we don't really like,
over-whelmed by compulsions to do GOOD things like
clean house or exercise or _______ ...... good when in moderation, that is. 

May this be our ... LORD, may this be  MY
PRAYER:
LORD GOD, I pray with the words YOU inspired
in Psalm 119: 136,  
"Rivers of water run down from my eyes, 
Because men do not keep Your law."   
Please help ME to keep Your commandments LORD --- 
 NOT  with  a  selfish  goal  only  for my happiness,  NOT  only so I can be proud at
some accomplishments... NOT  to have fun in heaven... NOT  only for me, me, me...
but because it gives YOU,    LORD,     pleasure.

First Chronicles 1:29                                                              Click Here for Link
“I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness.
As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things;
and now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here to offer willingly to You.

Help me to obey You -- my loving HOLY Father God -- 
just because You told me to do or to not do something-- 
Because I dearly want to please You, whom I love.
===========
                                                                                                   LINK  to Psalm 119 PE
​129..... Your testimonies are wonderful;  ​​Therefore my soul keeps them.
130.....  The entrance of Your words gives light;  ​​It gives understanding to the simple.
131.....  ​​I opened my mouth and panted,  ​​For I longed for Your commandments.
132.....  ​​Look upon me and be merciful to me, ​​As Your custom is 
                                  toward those who love Your name.
 God's Psalm brought back to music, by His empowering:
PSALM  119 Loving Living Word: PE (verses 129-136)
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises   
Song location:   http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php

               CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)                       


==========================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 12 March 2013. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment