Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trusting Anyway Dieting ........ by DianaDee Osborne

June 5                                                                                      SUBSCRIBE  

God's Supporting Word on top.... much needed:
"I, even I AM  He who comforts you. 
Who are you that you should be afraid of a man-- who will die-- and of the son of a man-- who will be made like grass?  
            .... But I [am] the LORD your God, 
Who divided the sea whose waves roared--  [Red Sea, Jordan]
             The LORD of hosts is His name.  
And I have put My words in your mouth; 
I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, 
that I may plant the heavens, lay the foundations of the earth, And say to Zion, 'You are My people.' "
   [ROMANS 11 ... as are Grafted-In Gentiles who accept 
                       Jesus as God's Son and their LORD].  

This has not been a good week.
I'm not talking about dieting.
Things have been 'falling apart' for some dear friends, who 
     dearly love God,  for months... and Friday seems to have
          begun a  free-fall.  Six days of falling so far.....
Friends who have served God for many many many hours....
          giving up  $$ and  "fun" time in their love for Him.
Friends who would not be in this situation had they been
          greedy to demand payments rather than graciously stepping
                  aside when those didn't come... a ministry to the LORD.
Who show their children many examples of patiently waiting on 
         God,    and constantly tell them God's promises.
  This time it's them. 
Perhaps next time it's you or me.
The question is -- how do we respond when the promises don't come?   In the past,  I know 
--- over-shopping brought me hours of forgetting the pain.  
--- TV-series DVD sets brought almost 4 hours per disk, 16+ hours
       per boxed set  of time forgetting the pain.
--- Over-eating brought "joy" amid the pain.
--- I've never liked the taste of alcohol but -- looking at my addictive  tendencies to food,  I have never DARED to even try to like it (as I did for coffee.  
               Coffee's great with 1/4 cup each of sugar & creamer.... :{
 
How do we get through when we don't see Jesus
     being the Friend He promised to be in John 15, and we 
Have been meeting the condition of deeply seeking His Way #1?

We sigh and/or cry,
we cry to the LORD as the Psalmist often did,
and we simply believe God's Word.  God is God. How can you and I know what He thinks?  Isaiah 55: 8,  9,  10,  11.....
More importantly,
How can what WE think possibly be right if it's not the same as
      God's thoughts.  
God loved us enough to send Jesus... When all else fails: 
                  It's enough. 
               God loved us enough to send Jesus.                    
       When all else fails....  falls apart....... IT's ENOUGH.     

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I don't have words.  I need Your Spirit just to pray for me.
Jesus promised The Holy Spirit will pray for me if I ask, and so I do... John 14:26. 
And I keep waiting.  Please forgive my impatiences.  I truly do know You are Sovereign,
always right.  The worst that can ever happen is for those who love you to come sooner
than they'd expected to live with You in eternity.  Please forgive doubts.  I love You.

God's Supporting Word 

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."   -- Romans 8:26

. Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.  "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.  "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.   

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.   
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.....     -- John 14:  23-27.   

And then verse 28 predicts His death on the cross ["I am going away"]  
                                              and His resurrection  ["and coming back to you"].

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment