Friday, May 31, 2013

In a Rush Clothing Choices ...... by DianaDee Osborne

May 31                                                                                       SUBSCRIBE  
            In a rush today.  Heading for church, 3rd day in a row,
for wonderful gift-from-God new worship musician ministry.
But... the bad news from a dieting standpoint....

I usually can dress, add touch-ups like makeup and a quick hair fix, and be out the door with a cup of last night's leftover coffee in
10 minutes tops.  Today I spent that long just trying to find a 3rd blouse for a 3rd-day-in-a-row job that looked OK on me.  Trying to hide a bit of the extra of me.

If you've been dieting awhile, you know what I mean.
How can it be, that this new summer finds me even a bit more snug in cool clothing than last,  after a year of being relatively careful in food choices,  of gym 4x a week minimum,  of.....  and etc.

So as I looked in my somewhat full drawers and closet of outfits 
that (1) almost fit, (2) will fit "in 3 or 4 or 5 months",  and
(3)  go along with my dreams of losing that 30 pounds,
 
I find myself facing not just clothes but 2 choices:

Shall I just de-clutter and give AWAY those clothes in Categories 2 and 3?   And then reward myself with new clothes when (if) I lose weight?  Going to Goodwill a lot, already,   means this is NOT really an  expensive choice.

We each might face that choice.  For me.... for now... the answer is...
that if I give away snug clothing,  it's saying "I give up."  
And my earnest prayer is to never give up.  
So... for awhile... there are some boxes of temporarily useless clothes in my home....

Here's 
God's Encouraging Word  :   STAND


Ephesians 6:11.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

Ephesians 6:12.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,  against the rulers of the darkness of this age,  against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places]. 

Ephesians 6:13.   Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,   and having done all, to stand.   
======================================================================


  (Besides.... when we stand,                                 
       our clothes look more slenderizing....   :)    

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  please give me wisdom for ALL things in life....
even the "little"  things like my closet inventory of clothing.                     Jesus's Words Link:
Please help me to remember what's most important in life is NOT food and clothing...
      it is You.   I NEED Your help in *remembering*  this moment by moment....
            and then *making the right choices to act as You guide me.*  I do INDEED
PRAISE  YOUR  HOLY NAME,  my LORD JEHOVAH YHWH.... Lord JESUS.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment