Monday, May 20, 2013

Job From Hell Dieting ............. by DianaDee Osborne

May 20                                                                                      SUBSCRIBE  
I used to joke that driving a school bus must be the job from hell.
This being said to co-workers in a comfy office with our
personally selected music drifting amid our personally decorated
cubicles.  Beside  windows :)            (ooohh,  aaaahhh!)
      And then the economy "happened",
         the company lost the contract I was on,
               and I had to move to a different contract......
        which seemed to be a real "job from hell":

 My responsibility was to ensure                       
   that the scientists' tech writings were great....
                 but I didn't have authority to keep others from             
        changing the work I'd already mastered.  
  So I'd have to keep doing the same work over and over....     
                Knowing that someone would later "ruin" it... 
 
 YEAH. I'd memorized  Romans 8:28 --
          God IS able to bring good OUT from anything if you ask...
But it sure didn't seem like something God was doing
any time soon for me.
  
And so.... for quite awhile.... I figured I had the "right" to enjoy
anything I wanted to eat since,  after all,  that was something.... 
     one of the only things in my life then.... that  I could control. 
Had anyone even gently suggested that I was harming the body -- 
the "temple"  (First Corinthians 6:19, which is applicable though not about food),  
I was in such a dark period that I would have responded by ignoring the chiding ..... and just eating more.  Probably in "secret".

Here's why I was dumb... and hope to help you fight the same: 

God's Supporting Word:  TRIALS will come.
But God's already with you.... if you've invited Him:  

James 1:2 to 6.  Trials are a JOY when they help us mature. Learn to trust God, who will give us WISDOM. 

First Peter 1:6 and on.  Trials are part of life BUT show other people whether we REALLY trust the LORD God we're telling them about. "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.  You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls. This salvation was something even the prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you. They wondered what time or situation the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward. 
They were told that their messages were not for themselves, but for you. And now this Good News has been announced to you by those who preached in the power of the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. It is all so wonderful that even the angels are eagerly watching these things happen.   So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.  So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy" 
     "HOLY"  does not mean perfect.  
     "HOLY"  means "set apart for God... used for nothing else." 

The Joy for us Dieters:        
      Romans 8:37 --   I love the old King James wording:
          "Nay, in all these things we are 
      more than conquerors  through him... Jesus....
                         that loved us."    And STILL loves you.
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I so often try to CREATE MY OWN HAPPINESS.  Please help me to
set aside pride... to HEAR You when You tell me into my spirit that I am wrong. 
Please help me to set aside pride... to HEAR You through any of Your Christ-followers that
you guide to gently ask me.... Am I truly following what I know YOU LORD God want?
      Or am I setting You aside awhile.... which means making me NOT holy for you....
to try to create my own happiness in my own way, with food or shopping or TV or gossiping or....

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment