Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Potting Soil Dieting Parable ...... by DianaDee Osborne

May 1
Last year I bought really good potting soil for my flowers I love -- complete with built-in fertilizer.  It's a lot of work to get rid of old dirt, clean the pots, and put fresh dirt in.

Year before last,  I was lazy. Cheap. And my flowers looked awful.  If I had not learned my lesson, the past year's flowers would have been weaker, and by this year they probably would be barely alive.

And if I'm lazy with praying for wisdom (fertilizer) and
studying God's word (adding good soil to my clay),
if I depend on the strength of my old knowledge....
I will weaken.  
Every part of my life will increasingly show the results if
I don't stop being lazy.

The same is true for obeying God's Word and avoiding all unselfishnesses, including overeating, staying in front of TVs, and even under-sleeping.  Anything that does not provide good nutrients for my life --- especially including studying God's Word with the help of His Holy Spirit (James 1:5).

God's Supporting Word 

DILIGENTLY seek to know God!             LINK
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  -- 2 Timothy 2:  15  New King James Version

Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.
-- 2 Timothy  2: 15,  New Living Translation.

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
 -- 2 Timothy  2: 15, New International Version

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  Don't stop reminding me of the URGENCY to be diligent in learning Your Word.... for my own growth and joy, as well as for Your pleasure -- 
and simply "because You said so".

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment