Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lost Friends Dieting Parable ...... by DianaDee Osborne

May 11                                                                                SUBSCRIBE  
Yesterday, I met a close friend in a parking lot because I was
running late in my to do list.  I had not seen her for months.  And just the previous week, I'd been sorrowfully sharing in my prayers and with another friend how very deeply I had missed her... But after a few attempts reaching out to her months ago, I'd assumed she was upset with me.  Didn't want to be friends.


Here's how this seems related to dieting: 
God's Supporting Word 
1 John 1:7.  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 

When I read this, I think about my many sins.  
I'd like to call them "failings." But..... they are usually choices.
And then I think that maybe God... like my old friend.... is too 
upset with me -- or even angry -- to want to be around me. 

It's hard for me be believe two verses later --
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 
 -- 1 John 1:9


 When I saw my friend, I did not tell her "You're mad at me" even though I feared she was.  I did not say, "You don't want to be near me."
But just suppose I had... and she replied, "NO!  I love being with you!"   
             I SHOULD have then been   joyed !           
                 But would I believe her?                    
            Do I believe God's same answer?           

God LOVES me.  God LOVES you.  
God WANTS to be with us.
Even when.... once again.... I do any kind of sins.
Even the chocolate ones.
    This is just as much a sin, to think God's Word         
sounds "too good to be true" that He would forgive me... want to be with me  as I struggle against sins.           

God's Supporting Word 
Isaiah 55: 8 -9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I really struggle to not think of You in Your Holiness in human terms.
I know how mad  *I* would be at myself if I were You.  Please help me remember --
Your amazing Grace is far beyond any human conception.... Isaiah 55:8.  
THANK YOU.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment