Thursday, May 23, 2013

RollerCoaster Dieting Steadiness.... by DianaDee Osborne

May 23                                                                                       SUBSCRIBE  
What a rollercoaster of a day... from sorrowing at Karen's 
so-early going to live with God, to the joy of new Bible truths in our fellowship, to the radiance of a new worship music job.... 
 then to the depths of sadness with a dear friend... and sharing comfort amid the ditches confronting 3 more family/friends... 

Today especially there is a comforting joy in the promise of Hebrews 13: 6a and 8
            "So we may boldly say: 
            "The LORD is my helper
                     I will not fear... 
                     Jesus Christ 
                      is the same 
           yesterday, today,  &  forever."                   

God KNOWS on days like this, the last thing I want is to 'diet.'
I'd like to reward myself for not falling OUT of Life's 'coaster.
Like... finding a nice sale at the store,
or spending hours looking for online sales on dozens of internet sites.  Amazon alone can use a day!
Or  a new video to plop in front of.
a new flavor-of-the-week coffee.  With whipped cream.

       We each have our own rollercoasters --  
              and we each have the option of turning
              to our STEADY Helper.... Jesus... 
              the same love and help always there for us.
                      Unless we sorta push Him outa the way. 

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I'm so flustered on days like today that I barely know what to pray, how to pray.  But thanks to You,  I DO know that I NEED to pray.  Dear Holy Spirit:
I thank You for Jesus's steady promise in John 14:26,   that You will help me pray.
This rollercoaster of my life has me dizzy.  Please help me, through my dizziness,
to turn to the steadiness of The LORD Jesus, our Messiah who saves us... saves me...
from life's ups and downs and zooming-all-arounds.  I pray in Your Holy Name.

God's supporting Words:
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."  -- John 14:26 New KJV 

John 14:27... the very next promise from Jesus Our ROCK...
our rock who does not move but holds us close if we ask:
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; 
not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."


©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment