Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bicycle Dieting Parable, Part 6 GETTING CARELESS... by DianaDee Osborne

May 29                                                                                     SUBSCRIBE  
I am STILL tired of dieting.  Yesterday was 'ok' --- 
    but I assuredly fought against that lovely looking fancy coffee.... Life isn't always fun.  I suspect you agree whole heartedly!

So what ABOUT that coffee to put a bit of enjoyment into life... 
or chocolate.... or (ummm) crunchy fried chicken with mashed potatoes..... 
              Are these really so bad??? .......  we start to ask ..................

John 14  is a comforting word from Jesus when we're weary.
This Bicycle Dieting Parable reminds me to "hang in" when 'tired'---
Click HERE  to view PART 1     of the   BICYCLE DIETING PARABLE  
  Other parts can be viewed also, with the parts in date order.


This   BICYCLE  PARABLE  is designed NOT just for dieting:
May it bring you MUCH JOY in  fighting ANY temptation..
1.  Your mom loves you dearly and knows that having a bicycle would give you great joy.
      And seeing YOU have joy gives HER joy.
2.  So Mom makes an offer that you agree to.... You'll do 10 things for 6 months.
==================================================================================== 

                                 PART 6 --   GETTING CARELESS......
 3.  YOU'VE been doing Mom's list of ten things for SO long.  It takes SO much of your
      mental energy.  All your friends are having fun, and here you are at the house
      doing so much stuff you don't WANT to do.
4.   So you start thinking.... 5 more months until I get that bicycle are so long...
     SURELY  IT CAN'T HURT FOR ME TO GO PLAY SOCCER TONIGHT....
     I'll work harder tomorrow.

5.  Tomorrow comes.  You start thinking,
     MOM LOVES ME AND WANTS ME TO BE HAPPY.  SHE'LL UNDERSTAND IF  I .....

6.  A few more weeks pass by,  with you thinking,
     I  KNOW --- I'LL LEARN HOW TO BE MORE EFFICIENT,  AND THEN I CAN DO 
             THESE THINGS  ***BETTER***  FOR MOM....  in a few days.

And we know how the story ends.  I'll admit that I have absolutely LOVED the cartoon strips 
of Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes  for a reason....  When it comes to dieting "homework",   I'm  "with"  Calvin. >>>>>>>
Why waste today's enjoyments when I can suffer later?
BUT.....
  Jesus said in John 15 that his friends  SHOW they're His friends by obeying Him. 
 Why's that so hard after all HE's done for us?
WHEN I GET CARELESS ABOUT ANY temptation,
I am telling God that I care more about myself
than I care about all that Jesus did for me... all He suffered for me... so that
     God  CAN  make "mom's"  offer of a bicycle in the future.

BUT -- IMPORTANT -- we CANNOT earn heaven's  "bicycle"   by good works.
So don't assume that the Bicycle Parable Parts so far add up to what you might be tempted ---
      (there's that word again) --  to think any ONE or 6 parts = the WHOLE parable....

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I am so sorry that I get careless so often.
Please help me to truly focus on Your Goal for me...
heaven... because You really want to be with me for all     eternity.  What an AMAZING concept!     I assuredly don't deserve Your love... Thank you.  Please help me follow You.

God's supporting Word:
John 15:   whole chapter is essential.  Starting at 13 is the point of this specific blog:
JESUS is speaking:
"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.  
You are My friends if you do whatever  
                                    I command you."

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment