Friday, May 17, 2013

"Not As Wonderful" Blessings Dieting ..... by DianaDee Osborne

May 17                                                                                       SUBSCRIBE  

          God has created MANY wonderful foods!         

Nothing quite matches the perfectly ripened pear.... sorta crunchy,
yet sorta juicy-melty as you slowly savor its flavor.
I'd love most anything that would have grown in the Garden of Eden!    And honey on bread..... ahhh......
and Cashews.... my favorites among the nuts.

But
Some of God's edible creations.... well, not such enjoyable blessings, even if they're good for our bodies.  I myself love cauliflower (ok, with a little human-adaptation of Ranch Dressing!)
and spinach.  So I figured that this medical advice that perhaps
God had guided me to -- to eat more foods with iodine to
work with the thyroid medications to help them work better --
might not be as bad as it sounds.
So
Yesterday I had my first experience with seaweed.
I won't say "eewwwww."  My mouth is trying to, but I won't.
I was going to try it in some of my favorite can soup - Asparagus -
figuring that maybe the tastes were similar.  But then decided to
not risk one of my small supply,  it becoming hard to find my soup.
So
Let's just say that I'm not looking forward to today's blessing.
No seaweed in the Garden of Eden.

   BUT   that is what it is:  a blessing.

God has provided many things that would help us --
but we choose to decide based on our own wisdom and desires.
The right amount of exercise as well as the right amount and types of foods are just two examples.  Even over-exercise or the wrong type can be hurtful, especially over time  (like over- or under-eating which don't hurt on occasion but, over time....)


God has provided 10 simple LAWS  that would help us --
but we choose to decide based on our own wisdom and desires.
The most basic:  We choose to use the Sabbath Day any old way we want -- and, worse, to make others accommodate our desires.  

God gave Sabbath as a GIFT to Israelites after decades of working 7 days a week in Egypt.  He made it a LAW, knowing that we humans get lazy about important things.
This gift,  JESUS verified as STILL a gift Law from God for US.
There's plenty of Biblical proof, which I'll share tomorrow ---
but for now, the simple summary is this:
   Many of the things we complain about being
   "not so wonderful" from God are truly        
    blessings.   Even bread mold >>  Penicillin. 
    Even spinach and seaweed if they provide  
    nutrients to help our bodies work better.    


God's Supporting Word 

Check out this, maybe about SEAWEED! --
"By the God of your father who will help you, 
And by the Almighty who will bless you with blessings of heaven above,  Blessings of the deep that lies beneath... " 
 -- Genesis 49:25

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I really DON'T  want to complain at You so much.  Please help me to appreciate ALL of your blessings,  including those that seem "Not as Wonderful" to me.
Thank You for these gifts.... things that only recently scientists and doctors are realizing 
that You provided as potential cures and helps for our bodies and our lives.
LORD GOD ....... I praise Your Holy Name.  For You are the Greatest Blessing of ALL.


©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment