Friday, May 24, 2013

Where the Bicycle is Joyfully Going, Part 2 ........ by DianaDee Osborne

May 24                                                                                       SUBSCRIBE  
Click HERE  to view PART 1     of the   BICYCLE DIETING PARABLE 

  The   BICYCLE   PARABLE    is a                  
       JOY   for us Dieters:                                     

Here's why:  
Have you ever stepped onto a scale... looked into a mirror...
      and angrily responded  "WHAT'S THE USE ?!"  
The parable tells you and me why.
The parable tells us that when we tell ourselves that we failed, 
        QUITE POSSIBLY   we defined "success" wrong.

I have struggled with weight issues for a couple of decades.
* At first, it was from loneliness.... new town, no friends, jobless.
* Then it was from plain carelessness.
* Then it was from Life's Upsets driving me to enjoy
       SOMETHING  that I could control in life.... delicious foods. 
At this point I was only 35 pounds more than college years...
and I had thought I was fat back then at  112 pounds.  
      Didn't get "thin genes" like so many of the other college girls....
             If you ignore what TV models "exemplify" for us,  I was still quite average in weight. 

My weight "exploded" as I began   angry "So What - It's My Business and mind your own"  eating after my daddy died.  
Ouch.............
not a comfortable confession from a Christ-follower  aka  Christian who truly did and does dearly love LORD God.

THEN  LORD GOD  guided me to LEARN something:
* First of all -- that I not only loved serving Him... I ABSOLUTELY LOVED being
         around high school and college youth... talking frankly with them... sharing
         about why Jesus IS INDEED  still quite relevant in their lives today.

* Then God guided me to "accidentally"  learn that my old failures in trying to learn 
         to play guitar weren't because I was dumb, but because my ancient guitar
         was more of a toy... Difficult for even excellent guitarists as He's helped me become.

* Then in 2006  I prayed for something I never DREAMED God would ever honor me
        with answering.... but 2 years later He did----
    WRITING SONGS to show those youth and others     what a holy yet LOVING and   
    EAGER-to-be-with-us  God  He truly is.            NOT to show off anything about me. 


            AND THROUGH  all THESE, my weight went down as I was busy-er...
                      until actual physical metabolism changes and doctors not finding
                                ways to help until very recent months............


 BUT  LORD GOD  has guided me to LEARN 
        this ESSENTIAL   BICYCLE  PARABLE  guide to a JOY:


    Don't give up!  Have the right GOAL.            
    Have the right DEFINITION  of "success." 
    After all,  you already have the ONE and Right 
    Daddy -- "ABBA"  
                Jesus called  God Father  ABBA (Daddy) (Mark 14:36 
and    taught us to pray by calling God our Father  (Mark 5:16, 5:45-8, Matthew 6:9 etc)
           and God through Paul tells us it's OK for US to call
           God "Abba", DADDY,  if we choose to obey and love 
           Him.... to accept His 2nd Peter 3:9 and First Timothy 2:4
                call to us.    See   Romans 8:15   and Galatians 4:6.  

who's even more eager than you          
    for you to enjoy the joy of "bicycles"........       

    So:  Coming soon is more description of the             
            JOY of the Bicycle Parable ... see Part 3:)           

      Reminder for now ---  James 1:5  prayers for wisdom
              include asking God to help us understand why
              temptations to over-Anything so easily trap us.
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I've made excuses.  I've reasoned in my mind and ignored YOUR invitation to reason with YOU about things.... Your amazing Isaiah 1:18   invitation.  Instead of
coming to you to confess my "sins like scarlet",  I've enjoyed the sins -- called them 
"earned self-indulgences."  Called them my COMFORTS.  Forgotten that
anything that comforts us BESIDES God  is what 
                                     YOU LORD God call an IDOL.
Please forgive me.... give me the wisdom You've promised.  Protect me... Ephesians 6:10...

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment