Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Almost Making It" Dieting ................ by DianaDee Osborne

May 15                                                                                 SUBSCRIBE  

ALAS!  I almost made it yesterday.
I  almost made it through the day without 
          eating a thing that
                     anyone could possibly call unhealthy.
Well, it helped that I made it to 4 PM and then
        was busy until 10!
But alas........ I came home.......... "and".

Have you ever been told "Almost is not good enough"?
Maybe it's right... sometimes.  But it's more likely to cause
     a sad, defeated heart.  So, as I sadly look back upon yesterday,
I remind myself as I remind you....
And I truly think this was a reminder from God:

I have not 
given up, 
given in, 
thrown in a towel, 
whatever that means.             (a line that would fit a song, come to think...)
Romans 14:5 could be discouraging... telling us that trying to
      obey God's Laws is impossible.  But there's still Hope.

Here's why: Because we SEEK to please God, as our goal.
God's Supporting Word 
First Thessalonians 4:1,   NKJV,
"Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that
you should abound more and more, just as you received from us
how you ought to walk >>>>

   To Please God.  Our Ongoing goal     
           to give our LORD  joy..........        


Let us not 
give up, 
give in, 
throw in a towel, 
   JUST KEEP PRAISING  HIM!

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I NEED YOUR HELP.  I need Your help.  Thank You so much for your mercies that endure.... I pray with Daniel  (9: 18),
"O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations...; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment