Thursday, May 2, 2013

Butterfly Nests and Waiting on God ... by DianaDee Osborne

May 2
As I trimmed huge rosebushes in February,
I kept finding attached to inner branches what looked like the outside of paper wasp nests.  Fortunately, I did my research before destroying them.

And through the spring, I've enjoyed the giant yellow and black butterflies that emerged from those nests.  

I went to a source of knowledge to avoid causing harm...
and it has resulted in my joy.
God's Bible is the same -- but much much more.  If I depend on my own knowledge in fighting urges to eat or do other things,
I won't learn Truths about myself that would help me not cause harm,    that would bring me joy

God's Supporting Word 

Wait, I say, on the LORD!             LINK
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart;  
Wait, I say, on the LORD!  -- Psalm 27:14

For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth.
-- Psalm 37: 9

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew [their] strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
-- Isaiah 40: 31

Wait, I say, on God!                LINK
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You [are] the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.  -- Psalm 25: 5

Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD [is] a God of justice; Blessed [are] all those who wait for Him.   -- Isaiah 30: 18

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  Help me to turn to YOU for my strength.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment