Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cheating Manufacturers Dieting Parable.... by DianaDee Osborne

April 30
I don't like to "cook from scratch" anyway.
God has blessed us with sufficiency that I can usually buy something prepared even if in a can and "ADAPT" it, shall we say, to make it seem more "home made."
     (Dad used to comment about restaurants when they switched 
     from claiming "homemade pies" to "home baked" ---
             that just means they throw a frozen pie into the oven!)

So I've been really annoyed at how manufacturers are
adding water (and then salt to mask the loss of taste) to spread thin literally their ingredients and make more money off me.

I've been annoyed at Name Brand soup companies adding milk (and salt)  and then proudly announcing that their soup is now "creamier."    And GrandMom's recipe for using an 8-ounce can of tuna now requires two cans -- the companies are down to 5-ounce cans for the same price.

I've been literally hurt by companies switching to faster production that causes their products to break faster -- and nowhere as well as their reputation was even just 20 years ago.   
DO THESE  "NAME BRAND"  COMPANIES  THINK 
WE DO NOT  NOTICE  THEIR "LITTLE" CHEATINGS?

 "You shall be honest",  declares holy God!    


God's Supporting Word 
'You shall do no injustice in judgment, in measurement of length, weight, or volume.  You shall have honest scales, honest weights, an honest ephah, and an honest hin:  I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.  -- Leviticus 19:36 New KJV

"False weights and unequal measures*— the LORD detests double standards of every kind."    -- Proverbs 20:10

"What shall I say about the homes of the wicked filled with treasures gained by cheating? What about the disgusting practice of measuring out grain with dishonest measures?  How can I tolerate your merchants who use dishonest scales and weights?   The rich among you have become wealthy through extortion and violence. Your citizens are so used to lying that their tongues can no longer tell the truth. "
     --GOD  asks in Micah 6: 9 to 12.

BUT  ALAS!   I CANNOT TAKE  EASE IN KNOWING THAT I AM NOT A MERCHANT.
GOD'S WORD IS FOR ME ALSO....

For what type of representation am I making for God -- 2nd Corinthians 3:18, I am supposed to be a REFLECTION of God to other people --
if I keep drifting from God's laws, including about self-centeredness that includes food --
and then MAKING EXCUSES.....   Am I "so used to lying"  that I don't even notice when I'm not telling the full truth anymore?     Even if it's "only"  in this one area of my life? 
DO   I   THINK  GOD  DOES NOT  NOTICE  
MY   "LITTLE" DISHONESTIES  AND  SELFISHNESSES?
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  PLEASE FORGIVE ME!
Help me to STAY AWARE  of my need to truly reflect You in EVERY part of my life...
including what my mouth eats and what my mouth speaks.  
God's Supporting Word 
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.   -- 2 Corinthians 3:18,  the key verse of DiDoReflections.com

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment