Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Sad Sins Psalm 51, by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 9
Psalm 51   always has seemed so sad to me.
For GOD  as well as because it's so true for all of us to pray,
          if we are honest about ourselves.  First John 1: 8 and 10.
God had done  SO  much for David...  and yet David had to
completely ignore God for a number of days -- weeks maybe -- in order to be able to willfully choose to do what he knew would disgust God.  Are not these words of verse 3 SO sad?
           For I recognize my rebellion;                 
             it haunts me day and night.                   


Yet they can easily be our words to God, too.
After all He has done for us....   after all His blessings.


PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  
Psalm 51:2 --
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.


Psalm 51:3 above.  Psalm 51:4 --
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.

Psalm 51:7  to 9 --
Purify me from my sins,  and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me— now let me rejoice. 
Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt.

Psalm 51: 10 to 12
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. 
Do not banish me from your presence,
and don't take your Holy Spirit  from me. 
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. 

--------------
Notice the ancient reference to God's Holy Spirit.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment