Monday, April 29, 2013

Wandering Cats Dieting Parable.... by DianaDee Osborne

April 29
My cat Lea keeps sneaking out the door.  She's tiny and black... slips by unseen sometimes.  

And I keep letting Lea back in, scolding her for leaving the safety of the house.  There are many hawks that would love a juicy dinner... not to mention all the car drivers that won't see a tiny black cat either.

She never wanders far at first.... but the longer she is outside, the "safer" she feels.  After awhile, she starts slinking through the trees toward the neighbor's place.  And -- I'll be honest -- sometimes I'm so annoyed that I'm tempted to leave her outside one stormy night while she huddles on the porch.

Lea is a parable for Nehemiah 9.  This Summary of Israel's History declares how, repeatedly, God was good to His people, but they 
"snuck away".... and only when they no longer felt safe, did they return.  God "locked them out" awhile to try to teach them -- let other nations have dominion so they'd appreciate God's loving care. But Nehemiah tells how "human" they were.  

The following 3 "DianaDee" songs give the full scriptures of
   Nehemiah 9 in musical form....
a book only written DOWN by the prophet.  GOD is the author,
as He is of these songs.   The downloads are free, and also 
available at the free website  DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com (LINK)

1           Israel History BEGINNING       free audio and lyrics files
  2         Israel History DRIFTING           AND music sheets
    3       Israel History GATHERING        (the "good news" ending)

What does this    have to do with dieting?
What does a wandering cat    have to do with dieting?

God's Supporting Word 

I wander... we wander... from God's perfect plan setup for health.
God has blessed me with more health than I deserve, despite
     all my failings.... my choices to fail,  too often.  How about you?
Will God ALWAYS in His Grace save us 
from the natural  consequences of our sins,  
   our overeating,  our under-exercise,  our....       

What does Nehemiah 9  indicate?  Or Psalm 106?


PRAYER
LORD GOD, please draw me back when I wander.... James 4: 7-8
                                           I draw to YOU.
Please keep coming after me,  as in the parable of the Lost Sheep that Jesus told.
Please FORGIVE me for all the times I've been like a stubborn cat, ignoring the blessings You offer me.... the safety WITH YOU  that You offer me.....

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I really needed to read this as I struggle with my eating issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a joy to be used by our LORD to "comfort comfort comfort", as 2nd Corinthians 1:4 tells us to do for each other:) -dd

    ReplyDelete