Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ignoring the GPS -- God's Positioning System-- Dieting Parable... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 13
While traveling to a destination 700 miles away,
I knew the familiar route.  But I used the GPS anyway
as a guide to know how many miles were left to specific places.

Sometimes I get off the interstate highway and explore.
Every time I did on this trip, the GPS would keep yelling,           
"Turn around when possible."  "Turn around when possible."

Eventually it would give up and recalculate the route              
to reach my destination... and then start barking orders at me.


** Sometimes I turned up the radio louder to avoid hearing it.
** And sometime I just turned it off.  No more guidance.
I was going whatever way I wanted, no matter what the GPS wanted.

The dieting parable is pretty obvious.
When we earnestly want to lose weight,
   we will be willing to do what we're told will work.
But when it gets hard, or no longer fun,
     will we decide on a "vacation" and start ignoring the plan?

And start ignoring God's call to us that is an answer
to the prayer we already asked, that He help us make wise decisions.

PRAYER

LORD God, please forgive me for ignoring Your gracious help
that I had even prayed for.  

Help me to *want* to follow
YOUR guidance... even when I'd like to explore new foods or
new shopping purchases or new ___ or more ___.  
I pray in the Name of my Jesus who came to save us.
To save me from my sins.


God's Supporting Word

First Corinthians 10:13   works ONLY if   we  LISTEN
to God's Positioning System GPS
--  guiding us to safety
  out of our temptations so that we can get to our goal
       as we prayed when we set our destination.



©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment