Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pleased to be Conned Dieting Parable.... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 11
I am actually quite   pleased  to have been conned at a huge (acres and acres) Tennessee outdoor market a few days ago.

  Say  WHAT?? you may ask.                        


Well,   I still can use what I had bought as name-brand socks and, in my rush, didn't remember that the brand always puts its logo on socks.
       And I did get 21 pairs of socks for $10.
       And they actually are a decent enough quality, to have   
               fooled me at first.
Best of all,   NEEDED this reminder to stay aware.
To remember that some people are self-ish, some find joy in deceiving others,  and some are themselves deceived.
God describes it well through  2nd Timothy  3:13....
But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived."   

Only a few days earlier, I had shown someone why a "discount" COACH purse was a cheap knockoff.  
I had let myself be careless, but the cost was small.

But you and I must be careful lest others deceive us...
tell us what we want to hear.
(You're not overweight... just big-boned.  A nice compliment that tempts us to not get healthier.) 
    (This pill taken 3 times a day with water will melt the fat off.)
           (God doesn't care what you weigh....)


which is true in terms of the scale reading.
But when we don't take care of the temple He's given us to
worship Him in, our bodies.... we deceive ourselves to
say God is satisfied with our  poorly managed  sacrifice of ourselves.
No -- the scale does NOT matter.... but let us each pray for wisdom to not be deceived,
      to find the right medical help if needed.......
           to know that with God's help, we CAN fight any
temptation, if we just humbly and repeatedly ask Him.


Don't let Satan con you saying God doesn't care.
James 4: 7 and 8 .... let any thoughts that might be a con
simply drive you to be closer to our wonderful LORD God
Who PROMISED   First Corinthians 10: 13...
We can survive ANY con with God's help!

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  Help me to show that through my life... my body.

God's Supporting Word
For the WORD that your body is to be God's temple,  CLICK HERE.



©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment