Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Look Before You Sit On An Ant ____ Dieting Parable ... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 10
I've learned a few things visiting the gulf state of Alabama:
At the top of the list:  Some of God's critters are even less fun than others.  A really high-on-the-list new priority:
When you pull out a guitar and blanket to go write a song in the grass, NO MATTER how lush and green the grass looks........
  Look -- Before You Sit On A Fire Ant!          


Seems like these critters are popping up nests everywhere this time of year....
It would be easy for people who live here to feel overwhelmed.
After all, they're outnumbered in   millions-to-one   ratios. 
People have several choices: 
(1) Give up, live as long as you can in the house before the ants cover the yard;  or
(2) buy some ant killer and hope the ants haven't gotten immune; or
(3) Go find someone trained to know about ants with the materials to HELP you win this essential battle. 

I've learned a few things about dieting that's related to fire ants.   At the top of the list:
(1) I can NOT give up.  My health would eventually suffer, and I'd be less able to serve our LORD... and for less time;
(2) If I'm not careful, I'll get immune to the awareness of #1;
(3) I can CHOOSE to go find a doctor to help with various issues including thyroid problems;  and I can CHOOSE to pray First Corinthians 10:13, asking our LORD God to help me win the battle. 

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I do want to stay alert... I do want to see the fire ant mounds in my life before I just sit on one and end up in pain or ill.  I do need help.  I pray James 1:5 -- please give me WISDOM in my choices,  DETERMINATION to follow Your way.  Please help me, I pray.

God's Supporting Word
First Corinthians 10:13,  "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment