Monday, March 18, 2013

Barefoot in the Snow Dieting Parable ........ by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 18
This morning I stepped out barefoot into the snow, just because I could! 

Well, ok, also because all the tiny bird footprints  in the snow looked so pathetic   that I didn't want to wait to go back to get shoes before going outside with birdseed. 

As I stepped back onto my warm floor and firmly closed out the cold air, I humbly realized that I did so 'because I could.' May we with awareness remember on days like today... many people cannot. 

None of us would have problems with              over-eating if we were not blessed with enough money to pay for food at all.... as many people are not.  NOT A SERMON.  Just a reminder: 




PRAYER
Thank You, LORD God, for blessings often care-less-ly taken for granted.  I pray that You will guide me to see where I can help Your  hurting people.  Holy Spirit, please give me wisdom and empowering to escape this self-centered world in my head... I give You permission to repeatedly nag at me even if I later say "I changed my mind and would rather just enjoy eating"......
or  WHATEVER-ing.   I pray in the Blessed Name of Jesus our LORD and Savior.

God's Supporting Word
To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.   Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this [end] I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.  -- Colossians 1: 27-29

Psalm 40: 16-7.... ALSO in  Psalm 70:5  But I am poor and needy
[Yet] the LORD thinks upon me. You [are] my help and my deliverer;  
Do not delay, O my God.

PRAYER EXAMPLE FROM JESUS,  DIRECT TO US:
"And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."  -- Luke 11:4   New KJV


©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment