Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fig Tree of Happiness Dieting ..... by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 14
FROM GOD'S WORD:
Though the Fig Tree of Happiness may not blossom or bear fruit,
"still I shall Praise the LORD. 
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, 
I will Joy in the God of my salvation. 
The LORD God is my strength.... 
He will make me walk on my high hills. 
To the Chief Musician, With my stringed instruments." 
-- Habakkuk 3: 17-19 only slightly paraphrased... Guitar-ancestors in worship:)

When life isn't a "joy" and we don't see the 
LORD's hand,  still we rejoice!                         

And when we remember what a Joy  GOD Himself  IS,
we won't be so drawn to the temptations to SEEK joy
in silly things that won't matter a bit very soon in our lives... including food and stuff we buy and especially TV etc that numb our mind during our limited hours before death....

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I do indeed worship you in all my days... even when preachers say I should be fully blessed with all sorts of stuff and I just see trouble after trouble coming in my life.  Please help me see all Your many blessings... starting with the breath of life you still are giving to me and to so very many of the ones I love... who are themselves YOUR blessings.

God's Supporting Word
Philippians 4
6-7
"Be anxious for nothing, 
but in everything by prayer 
and supplication, with thanksgiving, 
let your requests be made known to God;  
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and minds 
through Christ Jesus. 
8
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things [are] noble, whatever things [are] just, whatever things [are] pure, whatever things [are] lovely, whatever things [are] of good report, if [there is] any virtue and if [there is] anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
11-12
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 
13
I can do all things through Christ  who strengthens me"

Philippians 4: 12   in New Living Translation:
"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little."

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment