Sunday, February 9, 2014

Half Staff Living, by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  9
Flags across America have been at half staff (half mast)  SO many times in the past few years.
  
Another day of remembering sorrow.
Because I often go through days not listening to TV or radio,
I don't know why flags are at half staff today.
But I know someone is grieving somewhere.

  Do you remember being a child,  not knowing sorrow?
              Not knowing what the adults around you?
  That "Time of Innocence",  we sometimes call it.
A time that many children around the world never know,
always being in hunger.  Maybe cold. Seeing sadness all around.
Adam and Eve did NOT know sadness. At first.
UNTIL  they decided that they wanted to know as much as their Father God.
Sometimes I wonder how many times in the decades that followed,
they wished they had never gotten the Knowledge they paid so dearly to get.


When our hearts are broken over Knowledge that we
dearly wished we had not come to know,
God is there.  God is here.  God will comfort.  If we ask.
Jesus promised:  The COMFORTER,  God's Holy Spirit,
YEARNS to help us amid all our sorrows.  We don't need to Over-Anything to
       find comfort..... Just to talk with our LORD.  
               And listen to His promises.  And believe God's love.
Not insult God by thinking perhaps He lied.   
Like the TEMPTATION thoughts Satan gave Adam and Eve.
A comforting starting place is the Book of John,  Chapters 14, 15, 16, 17...
As Jesus -- God's Son-- promised you long before you were born:


GOD'S JOHN 16:33  in-Person PROMISE:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
--- Jesus  (GOD),  through JOHN 16:33,  King James Version

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. 
      Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. 
           But  TAKE   HEART,    because 
                 **  I  **    have overcome the world."
--- Jesus  (GOD),  through JOHN 16:33,  New Living Translation

"Estas cosas os he hablado para que en mí tengáis paz. En el mundo tendréis aflicción; pero confiad, yo he vencido al mundo."  - RVR
 
PRAYER
Like the Father of Mark 9:24.... LORD JESUS,  I believe Your promises.   Help my unbelief.  
Help me stand FIRM even when my eyes... 
       and my heart... don't 
           "see"   hope amid all the half staff flags in our world. 
Help me turn to YOU for comfort.... not to food, shopping, etc. 
 

©2013 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!

No comments: