Saturday, March 22, 2014

Unexpected Step Help Dieting Parable ... by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 22
When we moved into our place, I noticed a very odd thing in the bedroom tiny walk-in closet:  A low shelf had been built above the door on the inside -- not so odd. But wood plank pieces had been attached to the corner frame inside this weird little room.  The shelf is even low enough for me to reach, and the previous owners were tall.  But the "steps" up the wall were not in my way as I placed a dog bed in there to create my prayer closet.

After loving to meet God there in the quiet, cedar-smell room for some years, I began to have difficulty rising.  One day I just reached over and grabbed the bottom "step" and realized how much it helped me avoid pain as I arose.  I wondered: 

  Did God inspire the previous residents to     install that wood step years ago so it would be there when  *I*  needed it now?                        



Some people would respond, "That's ridiculous. You're just lucky."   But I look at ALL the many coincidences in my life from a math viewpoint.... STATISTICS.
 

And statistically speaking, there are FAR too many so-called coincidences in our lives to say there is no evidence that God  IS  and God CARES for you.
 

Anyone who is waiting for Proof that God exists will have to wait til he or she meets God after death.... for God will NEVER PROVE He exists... He allows us the freedom to refuse to have faith.

And faith cannot exist if we have proof.  ANGELS cannot have faith.   God's Word in Hebrews 11:1 --  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  (New KJV). 
   

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."   (NIV)
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  thank you for ALL the many evidences that You DO INDEED care about me and help.... Help me to stop saying "I'm lucky" without considering how much You BLESS me.  In every part of my life.  Even about dieting.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 22 March 2013.
FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment