Thursday, March 27, 2014

Game Show Goofs and Dieting ......... by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 28
Yesterday a game show posted the answer to a question on its electronic board:  Driving wrecklessly. 
Probably most people didn't notice
many didn't realize it was a mistake
and no one really cared. 

We'd all live more happily if, after we made a mistake, we remembered:  
Probably most people won't notice
some who do   won't think it a mistake
      and anyone who responds to a mistake critically 
          is one we shouldn't let cause us heartache.

   God in HIS wisdom gives the solution:        
Philippians 3:  13, 16   New American Standard Bible                  CLICK HERE for link
".... but one thing I do: 
forgetting what lies behind and reaching     
        >>> forward >>>>
to what lies ahead, 
           I press on toward the goal 
             for the prize 
               of the upward call 
of God in Christ Jesus."...
     "But we must  hold on to the progress 
                          we have already made."  

Philippians 3: 13   Revised Standard Version 
Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  please help me to NOT give up.  
After so many mistakes,
so many failures,
I  almost convince myself that  I would give up on me
         so maybe God would.
Jesus repeatedly said Satan is real... it surely seems Satan is encouraging me
to be discouraged and just quit and eat everything I want or drink or look for pills to
make me feel happy,   or to "shop til I drop" looking for SOMETHING to make me happy....
LORD GOD,  please help me   to NOT give up.  


God's  COMPLETE Supporting Word:
Philippians 3: 10 - end   New Living Translation

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,  so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.

But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.  Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.

For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ.

They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. 

But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.    He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control."

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 27 March 2013. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment