Friday, March 28, 2014

70 Facets of God's Word.............. by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 28
Perhaps you've noticed how you have read a Bible story for YEARS,
and suddenly you "see" something different... a way it has
new meaning for you.  The Jewish scribes have a tradition called 
"70 facets" in the Torah -- what most people call "The Old Testament", which is not accurate...  but the concept is understandable anyway:

   God's  Word the Torah is like a diamond --
   it has 70 facets ... 70 faces that  each  reflect 
   something new & exciting about God !       



So it's logical that when Jesus told us in
John 14:26  that His Holy Spirit will bring        (click here)
      God's Truth to  our remembrance
             that He    (the Holy Spirit as God is   "he"   and not   "it") 
        will help us to SEE more in the same
Word... to see how it APPLIES  to you and me.

Today,  sorrowing over yet another week of "ok" but not great food choices 
          and thus yet again no weight loss,
I saw something new in Jesus's HEALING of a man who had been sick for 38 years.  
The whole story is in John 5  (click here).  The summary:

The man thought to himself that he wanted to be healed
yet in 38 years never crept closer to the pool where tradition said God would heal.
A  question for me.... for you:  Do we really want to be healed of our bad habits -- even addictions,  whatever they may be (NOT just food... even complaining and gloomy attitudes of life are chosen habits)?   

If we do....

Will we quit looking at the hardships ("no one to help us") and instead     call to Jesus for help?

PRAYER
LORD GOD, Please help me to get over WIMPY CHRISTIANITY.
You have promised You WILL help if I ask!
You have promised WEAPONS against anything that comes against me trying to
     get me to sin.... Ephesians 6: 10 to end.  Yet I must PUT  ON  Your weapons. Choice.
Please strengthen me.... nag me even!  as my Friend.... I pray you'll keep at me to
         keep at Your Word.  For I yearn to make YOU  happy,  my friend.    (John 15). 

God's Supporting Word
"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." -- John 15:8

"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full"  -- Jesus, John 15:11

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 28 March 2013. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment