Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Taxing Blessings, Dieting Blessings .... by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 26
I was up until 4 AM finishing our tax papers... but each time I felt like muttering, I remembered:  So many people have too little to bother filing tax returns.  We are blessed.

 A similar blessing for our diets.....                

Think of all the people in the world who don't have to diet....
not because of super-efficient metabolism and "good genes",
but because
they're too poor to have much to eat at all.

This isn't a "guilt trip" devotion... it's a PRAISE devotion!
Thanking God that, not only do we have sufficient food that 
we need to be more careful about our timely disbursement of it
(that is, to not eat 2 days' worth of calories in one day!)       but
we have enough to share surplus with others...
taking food to the food pantry,
taking extra money to churches or other organizations which
share with persons in need.    
Dieting is not "fun."  But it's a lot more enjoyable when
          we see the blessings behind 
                      our need to watch our food choices more carefully.
 
PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do praise You for all Your many blessings.  Even if I had little of what people call "riches," I still would praise You for Who You are.  And I don't have little... I have an amazing abundance, all my needs met -- sometimes not the way I'd prefer, but always in the end, I see how Your hand has guided me.  Provided my needs even when I thought I wanted more.  Thank You! 

God's Supporting Word:  Isaiah 58's promises to you
6- 7
"No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help. 

8- 9
"Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind.  Then when you call, the LORD will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. "Remove the heavy yoke of oppression. Stop pointing your finger and spreading vicious rumors!  
10 - 11
Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring"  -- Isaiah 58: 6 - 11

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 26 March 2013. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment