Saturday, December 27, 2014

Strength and more Strength ............ by DianaDee Osborne


December 27
My child was not born knowing calculus.  I always loved her anyway, even when she kept failing simple division.
That sounds silly to say.  Why WOULDN'T  I love my child just because she had not yet grown strong in math skills?

Yet -- isn't that what we do to ourselves?   
We fail at something and then wallow in shame and blaming ourselves....  Sure, sometimes God guides us to know we should accept blame.  
But that's simple "accountability" so that we can move on to try again.   
And yes, God holds us accountable for our actions -- even in things like food choices.  
Yet He still loves us and will help us.
 It's a JOY to see how many times the word 
"STRENGTH" is in God's Word.

I too was NOT born knowing calculus.  
My daughter now TEACHES calculus.   
She loves me despite my repeated math weakness over the years.  
I love her whether she fails or excels.  

God calls me, calls us:  Don't run in shame just because you failed.  Come to Me and I SHALL strengthen you.
I LOVE  you.   Not just 'the world' in general, but  
YOU  YOU   YOU."  
In Anything we ask,  
God lovingly gives strength 
when we ask 
and trust 
His love. Including seeking wisdom and strength in our food choices.

ENCOURAGEMENT
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.... praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...."  Ephesians 6:10 and 18.  (Pray for other people too) 

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.   -- Psalm 15:2  New KJV

"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies." [including temptations]  - Psalm 15:3 
"It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect"  - Psalm 18: 32

PRAYER
Lord, I believe.  Help Thou my unbelief.
Mark 9: 24  remains my hourly prayer.  It
makes no sense that Mighty God would
bother to tell me a lie.  And
Thus,   with trust,  I know that God will
answer as I Pray:
Lord, I believe.  Help Thou my unbelief that you care about even little things like helping me in a diet.  I believe your Word.   Titus 1:2 Truth.

HINTS
Weight Training:  Simultaneously a diet aid and an Encouraging Parable:
1.  Even when pounds come off slowly, there is joy in gradually being able to move more weight.
2.  Weight lifting (whether machines at a gym or a gallon of milk) uses a tension that often seems to reduce the mental tension.
3.  Time for the Parable:  It is impossible to immediately go from barely lifting 10 pounds to easily lifting 40 pounds.  Give muscles time to grow.  Give practice in food control time to strengthen:)

JOYS  from  GOD through OTHERS:
From Brother Lawrence's THE PRACTICE OF THE PRESENCE OF GOD (written in the late 1600s;  Public Domain:)

“ “We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God,
who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed.” ...."
     God is our Dear Friend who YEARNS for us to come to Him asking for STRENGTH.  
And God sees this DIET as, perhaps not great in the World's definition of "greatness,"  
but great in the fact that we are seeking 
to show love to Him 
by obeying His Word 
to avoid self-centeredness 
and etc.

==========================================================
©2012, 2014 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 27 Nov 2012. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment