Thursday, December 25, 2014

Night Fog Diet Parable ................... by DianaDee Osborne

December 25
The murky night fog simply swallowed up the headlights' 
two thin beams.  The road was curvy and unfamiliar.
Trees and shrubs on the sides, left untrimmed to save road costs, 
seemed to grab toward me in the dark.
No other cars were on the road behind me,  
       to give a clue of how far visibility reached.
No cars were coming toward me,  
to give a clue of where the road before me was going.
I wanted to stop.  To pull over.  
But it was too dark to find a safe place.   
No resting place.
I prayed.
Suddenly, in the distance, I saw a tiny light blue light that seemed like it might be beside the road.
I aimed toward it.  Carefully.  VERY  carefully.
As I approached, I could see some more blue lights beside it: 
Christmas lights!
Still I could not see the road more than a few yards ahead. 

But these tiny lights gave hope ---------- 
                              the fog wasn't as thick as I had thought.
And eventually, as I reached them,  I could see another set of Christmas lights further on.
By following the tiny Christmas lights, 
I finally reached the main 4-lane road.
I finally could move faster.  
But having learned my lesson, I proceeded carefully.  Very carefully.

If you're like me,  sometimes the fog of problems seems impossible, endless, hopeless.
Things breaking down.  Bills.  Little illnesses. Bigger things.
Sometimes the fog of figuring out why I overeat -- for comfort? boredom? really and truly poor metabolism that's growing more common?  -- makes me feel hopeless.  Feel like giving up.
But THERE'S  a  LIGHT.....  A PROMISE that I can count on:

Life keeps marching on.  
I can't stop 'til the problems go away. 
I can't stop and stay just because I have failed in the past.  
But I CAN rely on God, who is Truth, 
to tell the truth in His word.  And the LIGHT of the WORLD sent at that first Christmas 2,000 years ago offers me, offers us,  this encouragement from God through John the Baptist's father regarding God's Son Jesus, "the face of the Lord":

Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on High has visited us,
TO GIVE LIGHT  TO THOSE WHO SIT IN DARKNESS and the shadow of death,
TO GUIDE OUR FEET  INTO  THE  WAY 
OF PEACE.       ( LUKE 1: 76-80 )

PRAYER
LORD God, help me to NOT be discouraged in the night fogs of my life.
Help me to trust YOUR Word that when I draw near to you, call to you, you WILL draw near to me.
(James 4:7-8).  I thank you.  I trust you.  I love you and seek to obey you.  Please help me yearn more and more to obey you despite giving up the so-called comforts that I've sought in the past.

ENCOURAGEMENT
God told us through Isaiah  42: 16
that He will   [future... seen fulfilled when Jesus the Light of the World came]
"LEAD THEM IN  a  PATH   THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN"
"WILL MAKE DARKNESS    LIGHT   FOR THEM."
EXACTLY  what God did for me in the night fog.
EXACTLY what God offers to ALL who call upon Him from their fog.  

2nd Peter 3:9   and   FIRST Timothy 2:4


==========================================================
©2012, 2014 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 25 Dec 2012. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment