Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Saving CHRISTmas ........................ by DianaDee Osborne

December 24
Hmmm.... How shall I celebrate Jesus's birthday tomorrow?
Goodies like cake and peanuts are part of any birthday party,
so enjoying foods should be ok.   Except.........
First Corinthians 10:30   and   31
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 

Focus on me instead of the Birthday Boy never is  ok.
Enjoying time with family and friends are a wonderful way way to celebrate the "holiday".
But God -- Jesus -- said "Be STILL and KNOW that I AM  God."
(Psalm 46:10)

  Amazing how we get entrapped in the "All or Nothing" ruts.
Today, tomorrow, on, I shall enjoy God's blessings of friends and family and fruit and:)
Today, tomorrow, on, I shall enjoy a separation of myself 
FROM    myself,  
to tell the Birthday Savior just how much I dearly love Him.
Today, tomorrow, on,    I shall  WITH God's Ephesians 3:20 empowering, seek to reach
       more and more
              to share with others all the peace and joy He has brought to me ---
       and yearns for them to enjoy also,  with Him.
For God's Great Glory,  worshiping Him only.
The only real gift I can give to the God of All Creation Who sent His Son as an innocent baby
       to die as an innocent man
               so that I can one day live with a Risen Savior and my God.
               So that EVERYONE who accepts Him can one day celebrate in person with
                          our Birthday Savior.
Isaiah 45:22 prophesied Jesus coming to save us, as do many verses in His Word (Promise):
"Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I AM God, and [there is] no other."
  
God Wants All to Be Saved.   
So God brought about the events we call CHRISTmas.
Links worth reading, as part of our birthday gift to our LORD.
 2 Peter 3:9        1 Timothy 2:4    
 Romans 11:26        2 Timothy 2:10

==========================================================
©2012, 2014 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 24 Dec 2012. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment