Saturday, April 12, 2014

Broken Restroom Latches Dieting Parable .... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 12
Have you ever noticed now often latches don't work
               in store restroom stalls?
You would think that employees would tell managers.
And you would think that managers would arrange to have the latches fixed,

knowing that customers  really do consider this:
      If a store doesn't care enough about its property to
      take care of something small like bathroom stall latches,
         how can the customer trust its care of whatever 

             the store is selling?  Or of the customer?

Perhaps this is an obvious parable:
God gave us our property... our bodies.                                          
God calls our bodies our Temple, where we show Him worship. 

That's not just God's wording thru Paul in First Corinthians 6:19.
Jesus also spoke of the body as a temple in John 2: 18-21.

How are we doing?  how are YOU doing?  


      Do you care anymore?                        

Or are you willing to ignore the 
      seemingly un-important broken latches in your life   
              that show other people what you                           
                        think of your temple   for God?
 
PRAYER

LORD God, I confess:  Sometimes I get tired of caring.
Oh God, you know how often I start thinking,
"Does it REALLY matter if I keep my weight down to a
more healthy range?
    *   After all,  I am well enough to serve God.
    *   After all, I'm a lot smaller than a lot of people.
    *   After all, we're supposed to care about spiritual things
                 more than physical stuff.
    *   After all, I have so many other better things about me...."
At least, those are the thoughts that keep tempting me
to stop caring about the broken latches in my life.

LORD God, help me to be holy, set aside for you in a
  temple that I take care of simply because I love you dearly.

God's Supporting Word
Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. -- Colossians 3: 12

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 12 April 2013.  FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment