Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Unavoidable Ignorance Dieting ......... by DianaDee Osborne

April 16                                                                                 SUBSCRIBE  

As I sat here praying for an idea from the LORD to share,
the TV in the background had yet another one of those commercials, "If you've used talcum powder anytime in your lifetime & have been diagnosed with ____" ...
         [...call us so we can SUE someone].
Oh, come on. It's always something, isn't it?
Seems like all sorts of things are blamed for how we feel today.
And too often we don't want to accept... sometimes it's our fault.
Sometimes it's unavoidable ignorance
         [Who knew in the 1970s that bologna's nitrites might....].

Years ago, we assumed that a grapefruit fast was a great diet.
Then it was "all protein, no carbohydrates".
Then it was "no eggs or avocados or olives" -- now replaced by
         seeking to eat normal quantities to raise GOOD cholesterol.

Here's why we don't give up dieting, we keep moving on: 
God's Supporting Word  - Philippians 3:12 on:
12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
13b  ..focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
14   I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

          Keep praying for God's help. Keep moving on.    

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I am SO tempted to just give up, sometimes.
I am SO overwhelmed by what seems to be repeatedly changing information -- 
      I feel so ignorant, and tempted to believe that my ignorance shall never end.
Please give me Your wisdom.... James 1: 5-6.................   CLICK HERE FOR LINK.
Please give me Your comfort.... Isaiah 40: 1    ................   CLICK HERE FOR LINKS     

Please give me words to comfort others.     2nd Corinthians 1: 3-4

©2014 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 16 April 2014. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment