Friday, April 4, 2014

Cut Thumb Dieting Parable ..... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 4
I cut my thumb terribly a week ago.
While weeding a flower garden, I slashed it on broken pottery.
It was a hard impact -- for a bee had just buzzed my face, and I jerked back against the sharp edge.

I could not stop the bleedingUsing a strong band-aid as a tourniquet helped only for moments before it was soaked with blood and loosened from my skin.   

       I rinsed the cut quickly under water, and was hit with terrible pain... plus a reminder to thank God that I don't faint when I see blood, for there was lots.  I was visiting a family and didn't want   their memories of the visit years later to include a trip to    spend hours in  an Urgent  Care   place!     So I called several prayer partners  in other cities to ask God to help me.        

          Hours later, after holding paper towels against new tight bandages, the bleeding stopped soaking through.
         But I had to take pain medicine for 3 days... something I seldom take despite pain.  Had to keep bandages piled on each other to pad the "valley" in my sin.

        Could not play the guitar for a week.  Could not sew on buttons.  Could not........  What does this have to do with dieting? 
======================================= 

   Here's the parable:  
1.  God healed this deep cut within a week.   
2.  God answered prayers for help from the     results of my careless.  I should've been wearing gloves in fire ant  land anyway!    



Only a week has passed,  and the valley looks like a scratch... God has healed.  I have no doubt.  I always knew God COULD heal me... but still am always AMAZED that The Creator of the Universe CARES about me and answers prayers for help.

The Creator of the Universe CARES about YOU and answers prayers for help.  In ANYTHING.  Even dieting.

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I know that I should not "edit" my prayers, deciding what is or is not important.  From the moment I am cut -- literally or figuratively -- help me to turn to YOU for help.... to trust You.   To not depend on me first and on You as a last resort.  I pray this, LORD,  in Jesus's Holy Name.

God's Supporting Word
"You can be sure of this: The LORD set apart the godly for himself. The LORD will answer when I call to him.  
Don't sin by letting anger control you. 
Think about it overnight and remain silent.    Interlude.  
Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the LORD." 


©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 4 April 2013. 
FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment