Sunday, April 6, 2014

Missing the Great Picture Dieting Parable .... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 6
At a gorgeous scenic overlook stop along one mountaintop,
   overlooking miles and miles of green valley,
          with two mountain ranges in the near distance,
lots of people were photographing the great scene.
Admiring God's beautiful creation.

Not one young-ish man.  Yes, he  did  have his camera out.
But he had his   back   to the gorgeous scene.
He took photo after photo of his 
apparently new huge black truck.
With the highway as background.
He did grin sheepishly at me
        when he noticed me smiling at his lengthy photo session! 

   * How often are we the same?
   * How often do we ignore the magnanimous     blessings that God gives us while focused on     STUFF and unimportant things?                      



PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I assuredly do often get distracted from what is important.
I decide what "toys" I want in life,  often pray for them, often ignore Your other
so-called ordinary blessings... the beauty of this world. The amazing ability of eyes to
see it and ears to hear it.... fingers with more nerves to touch and feel that any other
of your creations have...
           Please help me to get my priorities right.
           Including to quit caring so much about things like food.  Such silly things...         nice for awhile,  useful for a time,  blessings from You always, but not priorities. 
Holy Spirit,  help me to always put THE LORD first in my life.
And to not miss Your great pictures by turning my back to them.

God's Supporting Word
Matthew 10:  5 and on,  Jesus providing instructions about us providing for our trips:


Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 6 April 2013.  FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment