Thursday, April 17, 2014

Small Wins Dieting .......... by DianaDee Osborne

17 April                                                                                       SUBSCRIBE  

In high school, I made almost straight A's
            (not bragging,    it was easier when calculus was 12th grade only).
College thus was a shock - I had to study???
But I managed mostly A's... until my NEMESIS.
             Anatomy &  Physiology.   
I really really studied for every test... kept doing poorly.
Back then, you had to wait until your grades got MAILED
at end of semester.  When mine came for that class,
I was SO EXCITED - literally jumping up and down for JOY.
       Because I got a  D.       I thought for sure I'd failed.

My father was especially unimpressed.

Woke up this AM with a sigh.... have been GOOD - 
really! - for 6 weeks, but have seen no "success" at ALL,
according to the scale.

Got on my un-friend to get this morning's news, 
got off and on again (in disbelief)
and went   Y_E_A_H!   Quite a few times !! 
Burned up a few calories with my heart racing, excited!

And then I thought about the actual number on the scale.
And sighed again. It's pretty pathetic to get excited.

BUT our FATHER God is PLEASED by our efforts DESPITE
our failures... 
             Despite WHATEVER that stupid scale says....
and, more importantly, by our honest sorrow
if we fail Him.  God even provided an entire chapter to
encourage us to see even those who DEARLY love Him fail. --
   Romans 7.  Followed by Romans 8 - that He HELPS us.

God's  OTHER  supporting Words
Book of First John... God wants our honest confession. 
No lies, no excuses, just confession and seeking His help to
do better "next time".                Click   HERE   for link

First Corinthians 10:13 -- God ALWAYS helps us do right...
if we ask.                                   Click   HERE   for link

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I'm so sorry for anything that I do that is unpleasing to you,
that does not show me growing in reflecting you (2nd Corinthians 3:18)
so that others see through me more of what You are like.
Please help me to KEEP doing what is right... including fighting temptations to
overeating and materialism and wasting time ....
even when I don't see what I call "success".  Even if the scale won't go down.


©2014 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 17 April 2014.  FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment