Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Restaurants Dieting Parable .... by DianaDee Osborne

APRIL 15                                                                                 SUBSCRIBE  
When traveling, I look for new restaurants to try.
Not knowing their reputations as I drive near one,
I look in the parking lot.


If it's meal time and the parking lot is rather full,
I decide that a lot of customers must have decided that this
        restaurant has pretty good food.
And if it's meal time and the parking lot is pretty empty,
                    I pass on by.
When traveling,  I look for a church to worship in 

          by the same method.
Look to see if many people feel comfortable worshiping God there.

As I move through my days, proclaiming God's great news,
proclaiming my love for the LORD God,                              
declaring my praises for all He has done for me and others...
         people are watching me.    And watching you.                    


* Deciding if my words about God are worth listening to.
* Learning from watching me whether I really believe those words
     about how God is willing to help us deal with
           all our problems, all our temptations.
And -- like it or not --
my weight might not matter as much as my
attitude seen toward food as I go through my day...
   how much time and energy and interest and  $$   I spend    
        on something that simple.                                                  



PRAYER
LORD God, help me remember to look at myself
as others see me
not just for me, but for Your Kingdom's sake...
for if my lifestyle distracts people from believing my
witness about Your greatness, then I assuredly need to change it.
Please give me both wisdom and the will to reflect you...
2nd Corinthians 3;18... with Your Holy Spirit's empowering.

God's Supporting Word
2 Corinthians 3:18
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.  -- New Living Translation


©2013 DianaDee Osborne (all material), all rights reserved. First published 15 April 2013. FREE personal usage; see website.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.
Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment