Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Too Much TO and Not enough DAY, by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY 17
Often it seems that I have
too much  TO & not enough  DAY  in 
my Life's  TODAYs :

Too much on my TO Do list,  and not enough DAY to do it in.

Thus  posting this Friday "Daily Devotion" two minutes after   midnight.
But hey, I got lotsa  ideas for it all day long,
talking to God, praying for wisdom before posting any writing about giving Him my TODAY with my love.  My sadly-often-failing demonstration of love to the One who deserves oh so much perfect love.  Not just "on time" but every moment of my day.

PRAYER
Writing 2 minutes after midnight gives me time to reflect on this day:
I failed during another day to show my deep love to You,  my LORD.  
You deserve my obedience -- including
not being self-centered-ly focused on "things of this world"  including food, shopping,
     and my sad remembrances of past joys.

Like a child, I don't want to be punished.
But as Your trusting child, I believe Your Word in Hebrews 12: 5 and elsewhere,
remembering that Your discipline is done out of love. 
Lamentations 3: verses 1 through 19,  I  pray to YOU GOD:
I have sinned and I know it and I deserve whatever You LORD choose to do.  Verse 20--  I remember my sins and my heart sinks within me.  I am so sorry.  Please forgive my selfishness and the wrongs I do.  Thank You for your mercies I do not deserve.  LORD, I praise Your Holy Name and ask Your help as more TODAYs come TO worship You.
      Verses 20 & 21 .... and my soul remembers the LORD's Love and Mercy.  
Therefore I have hope!  All of us who struggle against temptations have HOPE for You've promised to DRAW NEAR TO US  when we draw near too you --
James 4:8.
Help me obey James 4:7 and FLEE To You!!                                

GOD'S ENCOURAGING WORD:  LAMENTATIONS 3

22.  Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.
23.   They are  new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
24.  "The LORD  is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"
25.   The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him
26   It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.

ON TO GOD'S  AMAZING HOPE  &  PROMISE!  ---

31.  For the Lord will not cast off forever. 
32.  Though He causes grief, Yet He will show compassion According to the multitude of His mercies. 
33.  "For He does not afflict willingly, Nor grieve the children of men."
Like every good parent: God disciplines us for our good.
Including, sometimes, "natural consequences" for not eating well.
============================================= 
ALWAYS  I  HAVE   not enough  DAY  in my Life   TO  give YOU as much worship and PRAISE  as You deserve, my dear LORD and God.

==============================================
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material)early version published 1 December 2012.  All rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment