Thursday, February 12, 2015

Remembering in Dieting - by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  12
Yesterday I visited a friend in the hospital.
His room was near where I lived for 8 days with my daughter, years ago, after her appendix burst.  I REMEMBERED the room location because I could look outside and see the High School Track field and watch,
from the 5th floor across the road,  my son run his super-important race.
I REMEMBER the date
because I was still "living there"  while my oldest daughter was handed her H.S. diploma.
Some  things we would like to forget.  Like living in a hospital.

   God often brings to our minds   memories 
  that will bring LIFE.   As He  did THAT same week.
For the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong.
And then my daughter's pain got better, so they wanted to release her from the hospital.  But we refused.

SUDDENLY,  from nowhere that I can take credit for,
I remembered someone having told me many years earlier how a specific older doctor was so gifted at diagnosing.  I asked for that doctor.  Although he had a reduced "retirement" schedule now,
 he "happened" to be scheduled at the hospital for the hour after I requested him.  God Providing.  He did a 3-minute exam and scheduled the operating room.  Her appendix had burst.  Had I listened to the doctors, she would have died at home. For it's a common occurrence that after the appendix bursts, the pressure is released so the pain diminishes.  Three months later,  a boy in a nearby town  DID die from that.

What does this have to do with dieting?
REMEMBERING.  God brings to our minds what we should remember.  Jesus promised this in John 14:26.
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,   He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance   all things that I said to you." 


REMEMBERING.  God has MANY words of encouragement in His Word... and warnings we sometimes need to get us focused.  If we ask the Holy Spirit for help, He WILL bring them to our remembrance.  Jesus promised.


PRAYER
Lord,  too often I depend on my own skills, my own wisdom, my own "will power."  Please help me to REMEMBER  Your Truths and to obey them.  I study Your Word.  Please help me to REMEMBER Your promises as I fight temptations and self-centered living.  Thank you.
==================================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. So glad that these words encourage you, Aviana! It is indeed my fervent Jabez- type dream & prayer to serve the LORD by not just Diet Advice, but true #Comfort especially in story #Parable style as Jesus did: 2nd Corinthians 1:4, The LORD God "...comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." :)

    ReplyDelete