Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine for God Dieting - by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  13
Today is the day before  the DAY OF LOVE -- 
             VALENTINE's DAY..... 
It's good to consider a different valentine:
Ash Wednesday.  
A depressing day...
Remembering Lent, remembering that our Loving Father God let His VALENTINE to us, Jesus, die as His ultimate
sign of love....       HE first loved US. First John 4  (link)

A day when God's people join in prayers to Him, thanks to Him for All He has done. A day that surely Satan and his powers of darkness must hate as we remember God "more than usual" (Ephesians 6:12)
A day to remember all my selfish choices.
A day to remember GOD.... When I think of Him first in priority above me,  it's not so hard to diet or make choices that would please God.  Problem is... I forget.  Not exactly.  Hard to explain.  I found (God's guidance) Brother Lawrence's 400-year-old book a few years ago, and it changed my life:  
"Practicing the Presence of God."  The KEY:

   Instead of talking to yourself all day -- just talk to God. 
Remember He's beside you.  Talk to him as your friend (see Jesus's invitation to friendship in John 15).
And work in some QUIET time -- Psalm 46:10 -- to "be still and know that God is God.

SATAN enjoys seeing that FEW people remember John 8:44
       and the MANY other times JESUS said Satan is real-- 
not just a symbol of evil.  Remembering God's power over 
this bitty-to-HOLY-CREATOR-GOD powerless-to-God angel
        will help you and me get through ANY temptation.
First Corinthians 10: 13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; 
but God is faithful, 
who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, 
but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, 
that you may be able to bear it.

Remember -- GOD.  Because Remember with God,  
James 4: 7 and 8 -- Satan HAS to flee when you invite God.
It's like "Tough luck, Satan -- God Loves me and ya can't stop Him from helping me!"                        LINK to God's Word

 PRAYER
I  DEARLY DEARLY   THANK  You, LORD GOD that we're not on our own.  Lent celebrates Your VALENTINE LOVE to us.... Reminds us of battles like have led to crucifixion.....
& yet Victories In God's Power that assuredly come! 
If we ASK for help. 
 Ephesians 6: 10 to end.  LORD God, I ask!  Help me to resist temptations to things You call wrong... SIN.... And help me serve You by helping others do the same, I pray in Jesus's Holy Name that I bless.

============================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment