Thursday, February 26, 2015

Drenching Rain Comfort - by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  26
Drenching rain outside.  Cold, pelting rain.
But it's ok.  I'm covered >>>  Umbrella while walking in it.
Car roof while traveling in it.
Home's roof while enduring through it.
Some yucky wetness as I pass from cover to cover.... 
but I dry out.


   Drenching rain  IN-side me:  
Cold, pelting troubles that seem to go on and on. 
That sometimes drive me to seek comfort in food.
Or hours of TV or computer... TIL  I remember God:
Because  it's ok.  I'm covered >>> 
God "Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, 
who makes grass to grow on the mountains"  (Psalm 147:8)   
actually cares about me.  
Actually offers help to any of us who call on His name, humbly.

BUT  God  WARNS about one kind of cover ...  

He who covers his sins will not prosper, 

A warning with God's PROMISE:
         But whoever confesses and forsakes 
                    them will have mercy.   Proverbs 28: 13

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  please help me to stop trying to cover my sins.... to confess and forsake them.  To quit making excuses that of course I would sin as I try to find comfort in the rains of Life........ for YOU  O LORD God are my only TRUE and SAFE Cover.

ALSO ON PSALM 147:                       CLICK HERE FOR LINK
Praise the LORD! For [it is] good to sing praises to our God;
For [it is] pleasant, [and] praise is beautiful...
He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
Great [is] our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding [is] infinite.  
The LORD lifts up the humble;
He casts the wicked down to the ground.
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God,
Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth,
Who makes grass to grow on the mountains....
The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy. 
============================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment