Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Flowers Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  14
The flowers my hubby gave me for Valentine's Day continue to give me smiles. Each time I pass them, I literally 'stop and smell the roses.' 
I doubt that he notices, though, 
the many-years-old  2 dozen dried-up roses 
that  I have on a ceiling-height shelf.  I not only smile but laugh at the memory of receiving one dozen that Valen-Day morning... and another dozen that he snuck into the house during a lunch break with the note on them: "One Dozen just isn't enough." 

Ah how I love remembering all the moments of shared love between us. And past surprise moments of loving help in unexpected & un-prayed-for ways from Loving Father God. Too many to be coincidental.


We are NOT  on our own as we diet.... as we struggle to stop over-shopping.... as we fight temptations against smoking or slumping in    front of the TV or computer all day to escape   thoughts of sorrows.....................                      

Too many times to be coincidental, you WILL see ---- if you just ask God.  His promises are TRUE.  READ OF HIS LOVE  in the SHORT  little book of First John, for a start. 

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God [is] faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear [it].  1 Corinthians 10:13.  
            THIS IS A LOVE LETTER            
                   FROM GOD          TO YOU.     

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  SOMETIMES MY SIN-DOING SCARES ME.  I'm afraid You'll stop loving me. You know, sometimes I don't love me.  How can You?  Please help me to trust Your word...
INCLUDING THAT YOU LOVE ME  even when I don't feel like it.
INCLUDING THAT YOU WANT TO HELP ME   even when I don't feel that You would
because if I were You,    I would have given up on me   oh so long ago.    Thank You.
==================================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment