Monday, February 16, 2015

Driveway Doves Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

FEBRUARY  16
As I reached my driveway in the pre-dawn gray after an all-night recording session up north, I suddenly saw that a white dove was just sitting in the middle of the little road, staring at me.   I was already down to 5 mph, but quickly realized I'd have to use my brakes until the critter decided to move. 

Reminded me of how we sometimes try to race past God... 
have to put on our brakes and wait on His Love Plan for us. 
Not *my* wisdom. Psalm 46:10. Be still. Know God...... 

Now, me --- After I've been on a diet "suffering" for a week or 3 or 6 if I'm really serious about my health and etc.,  I start whining at God, "I've been good, why can't this weight come off faster??!" 
    Then I tend to get discouraged...... hence, yesterday's blog!


God in HIS Time answers all prayers perfectly.
That's 2nd Peter 3: 8 and 9, if you want verification--- God is NOT slow.
He gives us time to get serious about our relationship with Him.
And dieting or controlling other bad habits (gossip, overspending, too much TV and internet, etc.)  is not about the habits.... it's about our relationship with Almighty God.  
LOVING -- YES.  But also HOLY.  And calling us to call on Him and then WAIT on Him.  Psalm 46:10.
        WHICH CONTINUES  with GOD saying:
I   WILL   be exalted among the nations, 
I     WILL   be exalted in the earth!
Let us CHOOSE to exalt
LORD  God in our daily lives.... before His Holy Righteousness has to demand this from us along with the unbelieving people of earth.


GOD'S  ENCOURAGEMENT
Psalm 27:  7-8, 13-14                                                          CLICK FOR LINK   
Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 
When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, LORD, I will seek." 
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. 
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, 
And He shall strengthen your heart;       
Wait, I say, on the LORD!                         


PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You.  Please help me to be patient and not frustrated, thinking that my own timing is best.  Please help me to remember that the entire point of controlling my food choices and controlling my shopping choices and controlling my entertainment time choices --- is RELATIONSHIP  with  YOU.  
And that, during the time while I suffer the consequences of "withdrawal" from old crutches,  all I have to do is WAIT on You.  For You 'SHALL STRENGTHEN [MY] HEART".   THANK YOU!
======================================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment