Friday, December 7, 2012

Birdfeed Dieter's Parable, .............. by DianaDee Osborne

December 7
The birds are back today.
Even though I forgot to re-fill their feeders for a week,
they kept coming back to check.

Some birds have distinctive marks, like the 3 male cardinals that I've watched since they were fledglings a couple of springtimes ago that somehow inherited odd black feathers poking out of their gorgeous red feathers.  So that's how I know:

The birds came back.  They're not just new birds that lucked out on a Full Birdfeeder Day.

As I watch, I'm both amazed and humbled to realize that
these birds are smarter than I am in one way ---
The food that they need and I provide is sometimes there, sometimes not
since I sometimes don't fill the feeder.
But they keep returning to look.

The encouragement-spiritual-food that I need and God provides   is  always there.
I just need to keep returning.

This blog reminder is a cliche parable, a preachy reminder, a simple reminder:
Right now I'm really down about all my failures in the self-ish crevices of my heart.
In my repeatedly over-eating to cover hurt rather than turning to God.

But even cliche parables show a HOPE that EXCITES!  -- God forgives!  God WANTS to help us not be self-centered!
God's birdseed is always exactly what I need --
God's Wordseed  promises.

God's SUPPORTING WORDS                                                                                             
"That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."  - 2nd Corinthians 12:10
The fact that I  NEED  God's help to fight temptations
causes me to DRAW to Him -- not to myself -- for God's   Wordseed that will sustain me.
I can't be proud in myself.  And I can rejoice in God's loving provision,
helping me as soon as I humbly ask.

prayer                      
       LORD  God,  we need your help so much.  I need Your help so much.  I REJOICE in Your love despite my failings.  I do humbly ask forgiveness and do want to reflect you.  Help me to remember that there are different types of "suffering for Christ" -- and that refusing to be self-centered in food choices and other bad habits not only obeys you but helps others to see:
      You indeed are a Holy and Righteous God.  Help me to truly reflect you in all things.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne; all rights reserved but you are welcome to
print and share with the copyright © info.

No comments:

Post a Comment