Saturday, December 22, 2012

Praying for Coyotes Parable........... by DianaDee Osborne

December 22

First the freshly grown lush grasses of the new homes brought the deer.  The former town and city dwellers were delighted to have a few peaceful creatures.

Then Peaceful Creatures multiplied.
Not so great, but the former town and city dwellers were glad enough for
this reminder that sidewalks and honking vehicles and crowded yards were now history for them.

Then the Peaceful Creatures population exploded with cute babies growing up to 
eat all the garden and flower foods they wanted in the subdivisions....
and somehow the concept of Intelligence growing in the herds as the stupid ones died from denting cars didn't happen.  The deer just kept jumping in front of cars and causing major damage and even pain along with financial burdens.  Deer aren't so cute anymore.

Solution?  Some locations decided to allow the wild coyote herds to develop
to kill off the deer
to save gardens and flowers and car collisions.

The result was predictable.  Lock up Fluffy and Spot at night.
ok --  what's this gotta do with dieting?
Well, at first I   -- we --   overate just somewhat.
Our younger bodies could manage some unhealthy eating habits since we were active, after all.
Then metabolism issues kicked in and-or pain and-or lack of time to exercise.
The fun little habits,  like nibbling deer,  just seem to multiply until we
feel out of control.
After years of this, I found myself praying to God: 
         I am  SO  tired of caring about what I eat.  
         I am so bored with this temptation and  praying about it over and over.  
        Can't Satan just bug off on this one and give me something
                    different to be tempted about?

Praying for coyotes.  What a dumb few months of prayer that was.
Maybe -- hopefully -- you've never been that foolish.  But just in case, I figured I'd share my experience and comment:
            Thankfully, God never answered that prayer.
            Interestingly,  a couple of people mistakenly *thought* I'd given in to Coyote Level Sins.
            Educated-ly, a lesson from LORD God, 
                     I realized how dangerous my prayer had been.
And that the weariness
that leads to such thought-less praying
is USED by SATAN to get us to use our minds in ways 
God would not like -- including
praying for a different temptation -- for Coyotes -- 
instead of Ephesians 6:10 to end  prayers for PROTECTION from the nibbling deer sins.
Instead of First Corinthians 10:13  DELIVERANCE  from the nibbling deer sins.

Stay alert.  Let God use experiences from foolish people like myself to fore-warn and for-ARM you:
NEVER PRAY FOR COYOTES.  
Pray for the SHEPHERD to beat off
the coyote-serious-level sins  and the cute-nibbling-deer sins   that tempt you.


PRAYER
Ephesians 6:10 to end, I pray O LORD.
I choose to put on the armor You give -- but don't shove onto me.  Help me stand firm.
First Corinthians 10:13,  I pray to You O LORD:  Deliver me from temptations.
Luke 11:4 and Matthew 6:13  Jesus's prayer words, I pray O LORD:
Deliver me from ALL temptations and evil.  I choose to obey you.  I need Your help.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment