Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gladly Dieting to Help the Hurting ..... by DianaDee Osborne

December 15
Yesterday's national news is devastating to people who care.
Yet another shooting in a school.  Yet more young lives stolen from them.
Yet more heartaches and questioning -- how can this happen? Where's God?

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and wondered --
Does it  really  *matter*   if I weigh more than I want, 
or more than other people think I should?  Does it really *matter* what I look like?

   Have you ever wondered -- what's the point ??  May as well just enjoy myself and hope it works out.  Who knows if I'll be alive tomorrow.  Hey, there is that joke showing two people in heaven discussing regrets;  one sadly comments on missing out on the last night's chocolate pie......

Here is why it matters:  
Here is why we keep striving to do what is right 
even in food choices  &  exercise choices:
NOT  to make God love us more.  That's impossible.  How can God love to any greater "percentage" someone He already loved so much that He sent His son Jesus to be mocked and killed on earth to fulfill our sacrifice-requirements that we couldn't meet in order to live with God in Heaven?   It's NOT LOGICAL  to think that "good works" will make God love us more.
                              (Romans 7 and 8;  Hebrews entire book, especially Chapters 3,  8,  10)

We keep striving so that we will be HEALTHY enough to serve our Wonderful God ----
to COMFORT people who read so MANY reports of devastating news and ask "How can we believe in a God who lets this happen?

We keep --- I keep-- seeking God's forgiveness for self-centeredness
that may LIMIT the amount of time on earth 
to reach out to SO MANY 
HURTING people in this World.
So many people who haven't yet found what I do in all the "probability" evidences that
God DOES exist and care.   People I can comfort by telling them how much Jesus IS the Savior who drew these childlren to Him,  who calls us all to Him.  Because He not only cares -- He died to show that impossible-to-fully-comprehend love to each of us.  NOT  just John 3:16 and 17.
Second Peter 3:9.

ENCOURAGEMENT
So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."   Galatians 6:9
Which followed, logically and mathematically (or is that "arithmetic"?)  Galatians 6:8's warning
Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature 
will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature.
But those who live to please the Spirit 
will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.

PRAYER
Lord,  help me to be the person you want me to be.
Help me to serve You in this world by helping those who are devastated by so much that happens,  the evils, the sorrows.
Help me even in this dieting -- something that seems unimportant in the long list of things to care about -- so that I can serve you LONGER.
You Jesus gladly died for me.  Help me to gladly diet for you --
for my heart TRULY yearns to do this to honor You, my Lord.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!

No comments:

Post a Comment