Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chocolate Thrones Parable .............. by DianaDee Osborne

December 11

If you haven't done it, you can still imagine the gross-ness:
Sitting down into your comfortable reading chair,
enjoying the relaxation,
suddenly realizing something is wrong,
standing and looking down into the chair to see:

Someone -- hopefully not you -- dropped and lost a bit of chocolate bar
on your chair.  Your throne of     comfort.
Oh, it's near the crevice where you didn't notice,
now melting into the material from your comfy body heat while you just enjoyed sitting.

Every throne of comfort here on earth has something wrong--- 
something not so comforting after all.
The chocolate that's my goal to eat even after doing well on my diet doesn't satisfy for long.
The shopping was fun.  Playing with my stuff was fun.  But soon the bills come.
      And I usually have more work, taking care of and cleaning around all the new stuff.
Alcohol and drugs -- even the word "BUZZ" describes
            the quick fading of joy for a few moments of forgetting whatevers.

God's JOYFUL  scriptures- 
God makes the Endurance Worth it!
in Revelation 3:21,  this prophecy is actually Jesus's Word, spoken after His Resurrection.
How do we know?  Logic.   
NOT an "unthinking faith",                            (e.g.  Isaiah 1:181 Corin. 2:11-end)
FOR GOD CALLS US TO THINK AND REASON WITH THE MIND He has given to us.

CONSIDER:   IS  NOT  Almighty God Who can create universes 
     quite capable of keeping mistakes out of His own Bible? 
And  God easily "catches" & deals with anyone who deliberately tries to fake His word.
FALSE prophets -- Whom He clearly says will multiply in numbers.
And thus Jesus tells us in Revelation 3:21 --
                  "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
                    as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."  (New KJV)

PRAYER.                                                                                      
LORD God,  Help me, help us, overcome.  I can't do this alone.  I wouldn't WANT to do this alone, for even  my   so-called   thrones   of success  quickly fall apart.
        First Corinthians 10:13 -- I rely on You, my chosen LORD.
Fully rely on Your offers, Your Promises   to help me  overcome what you describe
in verses 5 through 8 -- things that shall DESTROY me  if  I put THEM on 
my Life's Throne instead of You.  

Fully rely on Your offers, Your Promises  to help me overcome what we people call "normal" - the
pride and complaining that YOU  God describe in YOUR words through Paul
in verses 9 and 10 -- things that shall DESTROY me   if  I CHOSE to  put THEM on 
my Life's Throne instead of You.  

Forgive me when I ignore the help You're waiting to give to me
because I want to sit just a little longer on 
my comfy chocolate throne.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne; all rights reserved but you are welcome to
print and share with the copyright © info.

No comments:

Post a Comment