Monday, December 17, 2012

Psalm 10 Surely not about me? .... by DianaDee Osborne

December 17
I awoke at 5 AM with the basic melody in my head. Remembering my longtime, deep prayer to serve our LORD “Bringing Music Back” to His Psalms, I prayed for guidance, looked in my Psalms journal to see which of the 3 dozen psalms I had NOT written out lyrics sets or music for. Psalm 10 was one of the first blanks in my record list. And it fit perfectly. God's Psalm 10, set to music with creative inspiration from His Holy Spirit--- and I finished "Psalm 10 Renouncing God"  at 8 AM. Lyrics, Music, three piano tracks. In 3 hours. It's God's song.
It's a sad song Psalm.
It's about wicked people "renouncing God" and causing harm.   It's not about me,  I thought.
I'm not wicked.  My house is a mess, and I get annoyed at lousy drivers, and my long-haired cat has a huge clump I haven't clipped in a couple of days,  but I'm generally a good person.  Smile at people, give some money to help others, mind my own business.
(I DO love God's warning that against being BUSYBODIES -- 2 Thessalonians 3:11 and First Timothy 5:13.)   
Hey, I never renounce God,
I said.

That's me every time I over-eat or over-shop or  over-talk (otherwise called 'gossip').
God speaks of the wicked not expecting to see any accounting from God for sins (Psalm 10:13)
That's my hope every time I step on a scale.
If others see me as a typical self-centered person,  
How can I tell them about Jesus and the PEACE
     He would give them if they ask?
My lifestyle would show them that I care more about me,  
     that I trust food and things to give me peace... not God.
That Jesus is rather like a hobby
rather than a Holy Savior that I humble myself to and obey.  (John 15).

PRAYER
Lord, I pray humbly to you, for I need Your Help, o my Lord and King.  Psalm 10:16, You are.
You hear the desire of the humble, and I humble myself to you.  Psalm 10:17.
Help me to be like Jesus Christ Your Son,  reflecting Him.  2nd Corinthians 3:18.
I yearn to serve You and give You joy,  so that through me you can reach and help those
who feel hurt and oppressed by not only other people, but by all that Jesus would save them from.
Please give me not just Your Words for them  (John 14:16-17),  but also Your heart for them.
And forgive me my sins that hurt You, I pray.

ENCOURAGEMENT
Proverbs 3:  5 and 6 especially
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones:
©2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!

No comments:

Post a Comment