Thursday, December 20, 2012

Little Diet Sins -- NOT.............. by DianaDee Osborne

December 20

Yesterday was a "Good Day" in self control.
I  was so sad about something that I didn't feel like eating.
So I suppose,  technically,
Yesterday was a "Bad Day" in the REJOICING category of Life.
Yet:
I do trust God  to still love and forgive me (when I ask)
in the failures I do in my life.    And in my dieting.  We ALL can (whatever our personal "besetting sin" that keeps tempting us) :

After all, it's logical ---
     1 -   Jesus is God   (way too much amazement to discuss in today's blog)
     2 -   God is and always was without the limit of time
     3 -   God knows everything...     pretty logical for the Guy Who created the Universe     
So Jesus knew even as He hung in the Cross that I was going to be self-centered today,    not rejoicing as much as I should in HIS marvelous amazing love and grace toward me.


By the way -- that's the best logic I've ever heard to explain "Once Saved Always Saved."
The logic came from one of Creflo Dollar's sermons awhile back... easy to remember it.
When we realize the Truth of God's Word
     (remember ----- the Guy Who created the UNIVERSE ! ),
we  easily quote that Jesus died so we could be forgiven for our sins,
But then SOME preachers tell us wrongly  that this sets some sort of  time line.
My personal picture is of the bully drawing the line at the playground
          and daring you to cross it.
Some false teachers say that sins done AFTER we prayed Romans 10:9 are
insults to God  (TRUE) and put us in danger of losing our salvation (FALSE, which makes
the whole sentence false).
It's not LOGICAL-- Jesus is not limited by time,  
so He died for my 
"After I Accept Jesus as LORD and Savior"  sins     as well as  for those sins  done a few days or years before that prayer to God.   Like today when I was so self-centered in a tiny thing.

Remember that the tiny O ring got too cold and failed, causing an entire rocket to crash and kill .....
My "BIG" sins are  NOT  "worse than"  my "small" self-centerednesses.
One  (1)  tiny sin keeps us OUT of heaven-living  with HOLY  God - unless we ask forgiveness and cleansing through Jesus Christ's blood sacrifice to remove that sin-- 
for God  is SICKENED by anything not Holy. 
Rightly so, for our sins are nauseating even to US when we honestly  consider them.

2nd Corinthians 9:15
Thanks [be] unto God for his unspeakable gift.        KJV
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!       New KJV
Thank God for this gift* too wonderful for words!   NLT
Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!              NIV
¡Gracias a Dios por su don inefable!                          ESV
PRAYER
LORD thank you.
Thank you.
thank you.  So much.
ENCOURAGEMENT from God
Titus 3:5
For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived,
serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.  But when the
kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
not by works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to His mercy He saved us,
through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
whom He poured out on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Savior,
that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

©2012 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!

No comments:

Post a Comment